1.    #1  
    In case folks have not read through the various threads to figure out how to install Skype on a Verizon Palm Pre 2, the first thing to realize is that it is not a separate app that can be downloaded from the App Catalog. It is built into WebOS and can be activated by adding a Skype account from the Accounts app.

By doing it this way, Skype is integrated into your Contacts. Each Skype conversation becomes its own SMS thread. This works well, except if you have a person already in your Pre 2 Contacts list and also have the person in your Skype contact list. If the phone numbers are the same in each contact, then WebOS 2.0.1 will merge the two contacts into a single contact and not let you separate them. I like to keep to my contacts separate, which goes against the Synergy concept, but there you have it. By merging the contacts, WebOS, closed for editing my original Contact app based SMS thread in favor of a a combined Skype and SMS thread. I really don't like this, and there does not seem to be a way to separate them.

My only question is how do you log out of Skype? I can't at all figure out how to do that. This is important because I don't want Skype contacts half way around the world to wake me with a Skype message when I am asleep.

If someone has figured this out, please share.

I hope that someone found this helpful.
    in the messaging app you can go "off-line" and that seems to keep skype calls or messages from coming to the phone. But, I rarely log off because my phone is usually in airplane mode on a touchstone while I sleep.

I've discovered that when I get called over Skype, it rings to my PC and my phone. If I happen to not be in front of my PC, I don't miss the call. If I can get to my PC, I just hang up and call them back. So far it has worked so well that I just stay logged in!
  3.    #3  
    As stated above, so I can get some sleep. I have my phone near my bedside, as it is my alarm clock. I work with folks in Africa and Asia who will contact me during their business hours which are my sleeping hours.

Thank you for the hint. It appears that you click on the Buddies tab and then press the word, Available and change it to Busy or Sign off. This appears to do the trick. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    in the messaging app you can go "off-line" and that seems to keep skype calls or messages from coming to the phone. But, I rarely log off because my phone is usually in airplane mode on a touchstone while I sleep.
    Works like a charm! Thanks!