Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mine was wicked tight and smooth out of the box 3 months ago. Now its starting to do the Oreo twist. Still w/in tolerance but twisting more and more each week and i'm not a power phone user. Maybe one or two calls a day and a few sms'. Although it did jump out of its holster and try to commit telepfatricide a few times which may hay helped loosen it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by otterpop View Post
    following up: replacement model has no wiggle. Also, the keyboard and screen are more responsive. Maybe they have some good work going on in the refurb department.
    Placebo effect on the screen responsiveness (assuming your last screen wasnt defective somehow). Keyboard responsiveness will deteriorate over time since it is mechanical.

Wiggle in the slider appears over time as well. Mine was new and sharp out of the box, but now it wiggles a mm or so.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Placebo effect on the screen responsiveness (assuming your last screen wasnt defective somehow). Keyboard responsiveness will deteriorate over time since it is mechanical.

Wiggle in the slider appears over time as well. Mine was new and sharp out of the box, but now it wiggles a mm or so.
    placebo effect it is not. This one actually responds faster to a screen tap and has far less frequent periods of completely ignoring the fact that I touched it. also the keyboard doesn't click as loud and Ive noticed far less missed keystrokes.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    its a placebo effect in a sense but somewhat true. a new phone or a fresh doctored phone is always snappier for a few days or month of first use because of no build up of temp data and whatnot.
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    its a placebo effect in a sense but somewhat true. a new phone or a fresh doctored phone is always snappier for a few days or month of first use because of no build up of temp data and whatnot.
    It's actually one of the things my wife couldn't stand about he pre 2 since she took it out of the box. Maybe the one I had first was a lemon, but it's sensitivity was on par with the pixi, which is a bad thing for those keeping score.

the replacement is better in every way from the 1st one. I wouldn't be getting rid of it at this point if I wasn't already getting my iPhone 4s. I've been finding it impossible to sell so far though.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12