1.    #1  
    No, I am not talking about touch-to-share.

I just simply want to know if anyone knows whether or not the Pre 2 will be compatible to have text messages and calls sent to the touchpad when they are in proximity.

This is the feature I really want to work with my phone. I like the touch to share, but I would use the text messages and calls MUCH MUCH more than touch to share, especially with its limited URL capability. Perhaps when they expand the touch to share then it will be worthwhile, but I just really want the text messages and calls.

If my Pre 2 will do this, then I could stick with my Pre 2 a little longer, as I use tablets much more often than phones.
    I never really thought about that, but i don't see why not. If i am not mistaken the communication between the pre3 and the TP is over bluetooth, so why can't it be done with the pre2? It may just need the software update to allow it to do so.
    I don't see why it wouldn't work as long as both devices are on the same profile
    I think you Wilde able to initiate it manually. Just a guess, but it could work like Exhibition does when connected by USB and you tap the Exhibition app. Just my hunch.
  5.    #5  
    so you think the devices have to be on the same profile for it to work? I was thinking that maybe if it is just bluetooth it would read that it is a webOS 2.X device and be able to do it. But then again, I don't know.

I really hope it works. The texting is really what I want.