1.    #1  
    I saw this on webos-internals: Sprint PRL Update - WebOS Internals

Does anyone know if I can use /var/lib/software from a Sprint Pre- on a Sprint Franken Pre 2?
    Twitter: dullgeek
  2.    #2  
    Tried it. Seems to be working.
    You can now update your PRL through the phone preferences screen?
  4.    #4  
    No. I put my 1.4.5 sprint pre+ PRL onto my 2.1 sprint pre2. If I need to update, I'll have to get the prefroamlist file from my son's pixi and install it using PmModemUpdater.
    I would like to know if there is any new progress made here...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Looking for guidance on developing email me for some good sources of info please, thanks!
    I tried navigating to /var/lib/software/ModemFiles, but the directory is empty. I can't find the prefroamlist file anywhere.

Any thoughts as to why?
    Quote Originally Posted by boarder1999 View Post
    I tried navigating to /var/lib/software/ModemFiles, but the directory is empty. I can't find the prefroamlist file anywhere.

Any thoughts as to why?
    I believe the file shows up after you update the PRL via settings in the Phone app, but as soon as you reboot, the file gets deleted.
    Does anyone know if it's possible to do something similar if you need to reprogram your phone outside the primary network? Copy out the /var/lib/software/* folder than copy it back after the wipe?
    I should grab this file before I sell the pre+ I was using before the Pre 2 upgrade.