1.    #1  
    So I was looking at webOS World's blog post and realized that they are selling Pre 2 backs.
    So I was wondering:
    If I bought a GSM Pre 2 back and swapped it out for the one in my AT&T GSM Pre Plus, would I be able to use the 5mp camera? Or would I have to tinker with the firmware to enable the full resolution?
    Has anyone tried this before? (Also... can someone confirm or deny that this back part contains the camera? It says it contains the radio board, speaker, and aux jack...)

<staff edit>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/11/2011 at 06:39 PM. Reason: link removed
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    So I was looking at webOS World's blog post and realized that they are selling Pre 2 backs.
    So I was wondering:
    If I bought a GSM Pre 2 back and swapped it out for the one in my AT&T GSM Pre Plus, would I be able to use the 5mp camera? Or would I have to tinker with the firmware to enable the full resolution?
    Has anyone tried this before? (Also... can someone confirm or deny that this back part contains the camera? It says it contains the radio board, speaker, and aux jack...)

<staff edit>

IDK about having to mess with the firmware, but will say this. Email them to double check what they are calling the back of the phone. I'd hazard a guess and say these are left over parts from Frankensteining phones and if so, the camera is not included in the back portion that is swapped from a Pre -/+. The com board and antenna bezel do contain the speaker and audio jack, but not the camera and LED for flash.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    IDK about having to mess with the firmware, but will say this. Email them to double check what they are calling the back of the phone. I'd hazard a guess and say these are left over parts from Frankensteining phones and if so, the camera is not included in the back portion that is swapped from a Pre -/+. The com board and antenna bezel do contain the speaker and audio jack, but not the camera and LED for flash.
    It does not include the camera, but the new pricing is now much lower.