Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    I'm loving my Pre 2. Has anyone said if it will ever get upgraded to 3.0?
  2. #2  
    it will be capable... but who knows if VZW will want it... still have us on 2.0.1
  3. #3  
    Yes, Palm said the Pre2 will get webOS 3.0. However, that doesn't mean it's actually going to happen. Just gotta wait and see...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  4. #4  
    What exactly is it that makes carriers hesitant to push forward an upgrade when they are more likely to fix bugs, provide better stability and offer additional features and functions?
  5. #5  
    They don't want to deal with "new issues" that may arise from a bug patch. Verizon already has stupid enough tech support, and the even more stupider people that call usually have no clue what the problem is... they don't want to re-teach their employees about a .1 update to a platform that hardly exists to them.

    That's my cynical guess.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yes, Palm said the Pre2 will get webOS 3.0. However, that doesn't mean it's actually going to happen. Just gotta wait and see...
    I'm not completely sure. I know they said something solid on this, but don't remember if it was that the Pre 2 won't be getting 3.0 or it will.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    I'm not completely sure. I know they said something solid on this, but don't remember if it was that the Pre 2 won't be getting 3.0 or it will.
    I'll pass the salt shaker, but Rubinstein did say on the Engadget interview it'd get it. I know it doesn't use Qualcom, but if an 800mhz phone got the upgrade and a 1ghz didn't I'd be shocked.
  8. #8  
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rennat
    I'm not completely sure. I know they said something solid on this, but don't remember if it was that the Pre 2 won't be getting 3.0 or it will.

    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I'll pass the salt shaker, but Rubinstein did say on the Engadget interview it'd get it. I know it doesn't use Qualcom, but if an 800mhz phone got the upgrade and a 1ghz didn't I'd be shocked.
    It's probably not something to worry about, by the time 3 comes out you will need a new phone anyway.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    I'm not completely sure. I know they said something solid on this, but don't remember if it was that the Pre 2 won't be getting 3.0 or it will.
    https://developer.palm.com/content/s...ase.html#item1

    What it means to you

    Runs webOS 2.0.
    Mojo-based apps run faster than on previous webOS devices.
    Upgradable to webOS 3.0 and Enyo.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  10. #10  
    * Confirmed* Thanks
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  11. Loiter's Avatar
    Posts
    682 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #11  
    Well 3.0 is not exactly around the corner. So any chances to get this 2.1.1 (or what is called) that runs on Veer?
    Do we know what bugs it fixes?
  12. #12  
    Not around the corner? WebOS 3 runs on the Touchpad which is right around the corner.
  13. Loiter's Avatar
    Posts
    682 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #13  
    The Touchpad is not a phone. Pre 3 will come with 2.1 or 2.2 if I'm not mistaken.
    So yeah, webOS 3 is not exactly around the corner.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    The Touchpad is not a phone. Pre 3 will come with 2.1 or 2.2 if I'm not mistaken.
    So yeah, webOS 3 is not exactly around the corner.
    I believe the fcc filing said it would running 2.3
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yes, Palm said the Pre2 will get webOS 3.0. However, that doesn't mean it's actually going to happen. Just gotta wait and see...
    Then again, they also promised us they will deliver 2.1 to all current phones.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  16. Loiter's Avatar
    Posts
    682 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #16  
    What about TTS ? I don't think it's a hardware thing if Veer will have TTS.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    What about TTS ? I don't think it's a hardware thing if Veer will have TTS.
    Unless the Veer has said hardware, which I'm almost certain is the case.
  18. Loiter's Avatar
    Posts
    682 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #18  
    I really don't know. Haven't read anything about how TTS is supposed to work, how it is achieved.

Posting Permissions