Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I saw a tweet that it is available for the Pre 2. I have kernel testing feeds enabled but I only see F104 for the pre/pre+. Can someone lend me a hand?
    what version of webos do you have?
    You probably did not properly install the testing feeds. I would delete it and try it again following the instructions very carefully here:

Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
  4.    #4  
    hmmmm... I get sr71 and f14 for the pre 2... Just not f104a
    Are you using the latest Preware 1.5.9?
    Did you try finding it through "List of Everything"?
    I just installed f104a.. Only one that hasn't been giving me problems or sent me in a bootloop. Pre 2 on verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    I just installed f104a.. Only one that hasn't been giving me problems or sent me in a bootloop. Pre 2 on verizon.
    That's good to hear, cause f104a is the staging ground for uberkernel features at the moment.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I don't have any problems with the F104 kernel either but F14 and SR71 both slowed down my Pre 2. Maybe my unit isn't cut out to run those kernels because everything I did had 15sec or longer delay to it.
  9.    #9  
    I have 1.5.9 of preware. I just see f104a for the pre/pre+
    I don't know for sure, but I would bet that it's mislabeled as Pre+/Pre- in title.

The reason being that Preware looks like maybe it's filtering out kernels that don't work on your device. That, and the id specifically mentions pre2.

I'd wait though for an official response before testing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I don't know for sure, but I would bet that it's mislabeled as Pre+/Pre- in title.
    I have proof that you are correct about that, this is how it looks like on my Pre 2:
    Attached Images Attached Images
  12.    #12  
    I will probably be corrected very soon. Webos internals is amazing! Thanks
    Only 1.1MHz? I am disappoint. Doesn't seem much reason to switch from SR71 to me - or am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Loccy View Post
    Only 1.1MHz? I am disappoint. Doesn't seem much reason to switch from SR71 to me - or am I missing something?
    You are myopically focusing on the maximum CPU speed and missing all the other features.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You are myopically focusing on the maximum CPU speed and missing all the other features.
    To be brutally honest, yes, I am - because CPU speed is the main reason for me to move away from a stock kernel. For all the various different governors, vdemand etc I've never seen much practical effect (for me - your mileage may vary) - i.e. my battery life doesn't change significantly, nor heat, etc. I probably will give F104A a whirl just for the sheer hell of it (in fact my phone is just rebooting now with it!) but having moved from a Pre+ running F104A at 1.1, I'm disappointed that my user experience on the Pre2 isn't really any better than the Plus in day-to-day us even if the Pre2 is a much better phone, physically speaking.
    Last edited by Loccy; 05/07/2011 at 05:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loccy View Post
    I'm disappointed that my user experience on the Pre2 isn't really any better than the Plus in day-to-day us even if the Pre2 is a much better phone, physically speaking.
    Wow, that's amazing. It seems that many Pre 2 users, including myself, notice a significant difference in performance with the Pre 2. Night and day really, between it and an overclocked Pre or Pre+

Anyhow, thanks for this F104a. I installed it, even though I did not think the Pre 2 really needed overclocking. It is a bit snappier but haven't evaluated the battery life yet. Not sure why the default setup in Govnah shows as Unknown in the profile, but it can be changed.

Rod, is there a good link that describes all the Advanced Settings of these kernels?
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Wow, that's amazing. It seems that many Pre 2 users, including myself, notice a significant difference in performance with the Pre 2. Night and day really, between it and an overclocked Pre or Pre+

Anyhow, thanks for this F104a. I installed it, even though I did not think the Pre 2 really needed overclocking. It is a bit snappier but haven't evaluated the battery life yet. Not sure why the default setup in Govnah shows as Unknown in the profile, but it can be changed.
    Pre- - I agree, however my overclocked Plus at 1.1 seems very similar in overall speed and responsiveness to my (slightly) overclocked Pre2 at 1.1GHz.

Incidently, don't let my earlier post give anyone the impression that I think the WebOS Internal chaps are doing anything less than stellar work. It just surprises me that the original Pre was quite reliably overclocked at more than twice its stock speed, whereas the Pre2 seems to be struggling beyond 20-ish percent above stock.
    I terms of raw speed, opening and closing programs, etc, yes, I would say they are similar. In fact, I posted that I went to the store and compared the Pre+ at 1.1 with the Pre 2 and didn't really see much difference. However, when I got the Pre 2 in my hands, (not even accounting for the upgraded build quality), I found that it was much smoother in moving around the screen, boots up and down much faster, and doesn't delay your touches and switch screens and apps nearly as much. But anyhow, even though it is fast, I guess I will mess around with overclocking it, just because I can. lol
    Govnah has built-in help text for most of the settings. Tap the blue question mark.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Govnah has built-in help text for most of the settings. Tap the blue question mark.

-- Rod
    I found that thanks. Still trying to figure out the what v3 adds for screenstate.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast