Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    I terms of raw speed, opening and closing programs, etc, yes, I would say they are similar. In fact, I posted that I went to the store and compared the Pre+ at 1.1 with the Pre 2 and didn't really see much difference. However, when I got the Pre 2 in my hands, (not even accounting for the upgraded build quality), I found that it was much smoother in moving around the screen, boots up and down much faster, and doesn't delay your touches and switch screens and apps nearly as much. But anyhow, even though it is fast, I guess I will mess around with overclocking it, just because I can. lol
    Do you know of anyone who has run webOSMark on both under similar conditions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I'll try it soon.
    for anyone who is no happy or expecting your device to like shoot to the stars or whatever, the device can only go so fast.

the pre 2 is definitely a huge step over the pre. there is no question about it.

cpu speed is technically irrelevant to a point. have you ever heard of a term that you're only as fastest as your weakest link? well think of it like that.

take a desktop computer for example. you could have the absolute most powerful cpu in the world that would basically lift off a rocket, yet it wouldn't make a difference. what would slow you down is if you're still using a standard HDD since your system could only write at a max of 7200.

so there's a whole lot more that goes with speed.
    speed is irrelevant. consistency is where it's at.
    I've been having issues with F104. Specifically I can't get any of the profiles to stick. And the screenstate gov does not act like a screenstate. Instead it acts like ondemand. Has this been addressed in the F104 thread?
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Govnah 0.7.28 in the testing feed now has support for F104A on the Pre 2, including help text which explains screenstate-v3.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    You guys make me feel so dumb sometimes :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I'm getting about 604 with 1.0 and about 660-4 with 1.1
    Anyone haveing any luck with this kernel? I mean it really really helps 2.0.1 out but after ten or fifteen mins it starts lagging and locking up my screen have to battery pull.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    havent seen that yet. are you using the screenstate v3 or the default?
    F104A/Pre2 -70 is now in the feeds.

The functionality present in F104A is on-track for a stable UberKernel for Pre 2.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Sweet. This kernel has been great on my phone. the screeenstate governer has done wonders for my battery life too.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    I just installed f104a.. Only one that hasn't been giving me problems or sent me in a bootloop. Pre 2 on verizon.
    The SR71 blackbird has been treating me right running at 1.2 max ... Im tempted to try the F104a tho
    Just dropped F104A back on my Pre2 running 2.1. WebOSMark of 662 cool. Yep.

Running in Screenstate v3. So far so good!

edit: initial results from Battery Monitor polling every 30 secs show usage percentages in the 2-3% range when idling (and on WiFi). Will have to see how this performs on a whole day of use but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far!
    Last edited by kevets; 08/04/2011 at 04:11 PM.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    I just got my free upgrade from Pre+ to Pre2 yesterday. I got Preware installed yesterday. This allowed me to install freetether to replace my no longer free Hotspot. Last night I downloaded and installed the 2.01 to 2.1 upgrade from VZW on my home wifi. Today I installed uberkernel and govnah so I could have the same functionality as on my previous Pre+.

After install I noticed that my Pre2 was getting seriously hot, pushing 60C as well as the battery draining while on the touchstone. So I uninstalled uberkernel, but left govnah on to keep an eye on cpu speed. This seems to have fixed the issue. After reading through this thread again, I decided to reinstall uberkernel and give the Screenstate3 another try. While sitting on the touchstone this time I enabled Govnah in Exhibition, and noticed that the cpu speed scaled down to 600 and the temp is hovering at 37c.

I believe the heat/battery issue I experienced before was caused by freetether running in the background. This may have caused the CPU to run fullspeed even while on the touchstone.

I'll keep my eye on it for now while it's on idle, then maybe test again later while running freetether.
    Last edited by ftolead; 09/20/2011 at 03:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    I'm running, uberk on my frakenpre2 at screenstage 3 with vdmand on OmG. My battery life is about 25% drain after 7 hours with only phone and 22% screen brightness. But its running smootj and never goes about 41 degrees but sit at 38 or so now.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12