1.    #1  
    Yes, it knocked my hand and caused me to hit my Pre Plus and make it sail into a glass of cool water. I was sad as I watched the screen slowly die. It still does not work, however. I took this as a sign that I should now order the Pre 2 Unlocked from HP. I did and am anticipating its arrival in a few days.

My Lucky Day!

p.s. If the Pre Plus dries out and works, it will be my backup!
    Last edited by gsparks2; 05/06/2011 at 03:01 PM. Reason: grammar, puctuation, word usage
    Congrats!

You'll love the 2. It's like lightning compared to the Pre/Pre+.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    The Pre 2 is an excellent phone, you'll love it.
  4.    #4  
    Got so excited I ordered a CDMA Pre 2. Had to cancel and order the GSM flavor. LOL
    Hahaaa! That's when you know you're in love.

Follow up when it gets delivered!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Hahaaa! That's when you know you're in love.

Follow up when it gets delivered!
    Will do.
    op, remove the battery and let it sit in a bag of rice for a minimum of 48-60 hours. Then inseart the battery. If it doesn't work, back in the rice for another 48. You will be amazed how often that works.
    There was a program on UK tv recently, called the Gadget Show, that showed a number of ways to dry out your phone after a soaking incident including -

Vacuuming for 20 minutes -this worked
    Rice - This did kind of work
    Leaving it under a spotlight - this had minimal effect, and user has to be wary not to melt their phone!

There were a couple of other methods too. The rice and vacuum cleaner brought a couple of dead phones to life.

Actually here's a YouTube link to the same guy (John Bentley) but not from the same programme edition I watched -

Hope this helps
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    It's the long term effects that corosion does to phones that cause most issues. Generally speaking a device will usually come back after exposed to water by using rice to soak all moisture out of it. Just don't expect that device to last you another year. As the residue sits inside the device and metal parts start to corrode you will see 90% of your issues.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I can guarantee that you will love your new pre2
    Just outta luck you encounter physical abuse to give you an excuse to upgrade I'm predicting my Sprint Pre Plus will be taking swimming lessons around the time Pre3 comes out.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    When I worked at a 3rd party cellphone shack on Long Island I used to get people coming in all the time with waterlogged phones (usually salt water, as recreational boating is big where this store was).

I came up with a method of saving them that worked very well: I'd soak the phone (minus battery) in distilled water for a minute or so, making sure the whole thing was flooded.

Then I'd put it on a sunny window sill in the store (under a paper towel to protect the LCDs from direct sunlight) and leave it for 1-2 days.

Finally, I'd pop the battery back in and hit the power button. 4 out of 5 times, the phone was working perfectly and the owner was relieved and happy.
    The best way to dry it out is to, immediately remove the battery, and if you can, take the phone apart and dry off the board by first dabbing with a soft clothe. Spray the board and any non screen related components with plastic safe contact cleaner [radio shack] then lay it out either in the sunlight or in a dry area for 2-3 days. Then, reassemble it and try it. If you want, put it in rice, but I have my doubts about rice really helping that much.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Get a clean rag wet with red wine and dab your phone...it'll get that water stain out in no time.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I have resurrected several phones using a ziplock bag filled with rice and sitting in a windo sill for a few days. One of the phones took an 18 minute cycle in a washing machine and while we dont use it anymore regularly, it still works.

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    The best way to dry it out is to, immediately remove the battery, and if you can, take the phone apart and dry off the board by first dabbing with a soft clothe. Spray the board and any non screen related components with plastic safe contact cleaner [radio shack] then lay it out either in the sunlight or in a dry area for 2-3 days. Then, reassemble it and try it. If you want, put it in rice, but I have my doubts about rice really helping that much.
    Or take your phone to see Steven Wright. He's pretty dry.
  17.    #17  
    Yah! I took the battery out, let the phone dry in the sun for an hour or so, used a hair dryer for a few minutes, baked in oven for 10 minutes at <170 F (I think), tried another battery besides the one that got wet and then it booted up ok. Screen is streaky and the gesture area does not work. Pre 2 is supposed to be delivered by 1:30 pm today. Will continue dryout efforts so I can have a backup.
  18.    #18  
    I got my Pre 2 yesterday and have been busy updating and customizing it. It is like you said a very fast solid device. No regrets here.

I had no problems activating and using my previous profile. Once everything settled, I upgraded to 2.1.0 using the Doctor. Had to relearn about developer mode, Ha!

My old Pre Plus recovered everything except the touchscreen and gesture area functionality. I was able to recover all of my USB drive contents.

Trying to figure out what patches are available. Miss my battery as percent.

I think I am finally going to abandon Classic and Pocket Quicken.

Thanks, everyone.
    Last edited by gsparks2; 05/08/2011 at 06:54 AM. Reason: spelling
    Glad it arrived! Welcome to the next generation of device.

I, too, have been missing my battery percent patch and some others.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Glad it arrived! Welcome to the next generation of device.

I, too, have been missing my battery percent patch and some others.
    "tweaks" and "Advanced@@" patches gives you battery percent and ringer off switch icons.