1.    #1  
    This night i received an OTA update on my Unlocked EU GSM Pre2 updating my webOS 2.1.0 to 2.1.0.....

I let it install (took 45 minutes, the update screen told me) and nothing changed... That is, i lost my patches, no big deal, i only have 3 patches, which i needed to re-install manually.

Preware did not recognize the "OTA-Update" probably the OS version was not changed, and did not re-install my patches...

Am i the only one?
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    Did the build number change? (Device Info and tap on Version) My build version on my EU unlocked GSM Pre 2 running 2.1.0 is 108.
    My build number is 284, but I haven't noticed any update recently.
    Check out Movie Diary.
    same here, woke up to see an update is ready to install, haven't done it yet but I guess its inevetable :/ I'm on a sprint Franklin pre 2.

ken
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGP View Post
    Did the build number change? (Device Info and tap on Version) My build version on my EU unlocked GSM Pre 2 running 2.1.0 is 108.
    The current built is 108, i do not know if it was changed. (EU unlocked Pre2)
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    The current built is 108, i do not know if it was changed. (EU unlocked Pre2)
    My VZ Pre 2 build is currently 100 ... understand our pain?
    I got an unlocked rogers pre2 with build 100, no update is showing for me.
    Got one of these last week on my Sprint Frankenpre 2. Update installed from 2.1.0 to 2.1.0 without any problems.
    I have received this 2.1.0 update on my Sprintified Pre2 shortly after I have meta-doctored the device (3 times now).

For the most part stuff seems to work fine. I have noticed that a SIM Toolkit app is now in the launcher.

This most recent time (the 3rd time I re-doctored), after it applied I am no longer able to send text messages. Inbound ones are fine. Outbound stay light grey as if they are not sending (which they are not).

I am sure those more knowledgeable with the inner workings could provide a good answer why this update to 2.1.0 on a device that has 2.1.0 happens.

Now I am stuck with no outbound text messages. I don't really want to dr. again, but I guess I
    have to at this point. Oh well...

EDIT:

Now I am stuck with no outbound text messages. I don't really want to dr. again, but I guess I have to at this point. Oh well...
    I ran EPR. Seems to have fixed the texting issues. Now to see what patch broke it. I have not installed any new patches for some time and the ones I have that were updated a few days ago have now been re-installed and the texting still works. Chalk it up to gremlins in my Pre2.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 06/01/2011 at 11:33 AM.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    I got the same on my FrankenPre2 a few weeks ago. Before the update, my voicedial was not working. Afterwards, it worked great.
    I just got an OTA update. From 2.1.0 to 2.1.0. I didn't notice the build number before, but now it's 108... I can't see anything changed. Even all my patches is still there..?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by uhordvik View Post
    I just got an OTA update. From 2.1.0 to 2.1.0. I didn't notice the build number before, but now it's 108... I can't see anything changed. Even all my patches is still there..?!?
    And I've a nice EU unlocked Pre2.
  13. Gab
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I also had this update and it just reinstalled google maps instead of bing maps (But I kept enyo form the look of tweaks) on my pre 2 (unlocked UE)

The issue now is that I can't update the maps app anymore, each time I restart the phone google maps is back...

You should check this on your phones
    Quote Originally Posted by Gab View Post
    I also had this update and it just reinstalled google maps instead of bing maps (But I kept enyo form the look of tweaks) on my pre 2 (unlocked UE)

The issue now is that I can't update the maps app anymore, each time I restart the phone google maps is back...

yup same thing here, every time I manually install Bing maps its ok until I restart my phone and then its changed back to the unusable Google maps again.
    I've got the same 2.1.0 to 2.1.0 update threatened... Any way to avoid it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gab View Post

****, mine just updated for the 2nd time and i confirm, i'm also stuck with the broken google maps

1st update was 2.1 to 2.1.0
    Latest update said update to webos 2.1, but I was already running 2.1.0
    Currently says running 2.1.0 build 108, Not sure if my build changed prior to update.

When I enter "map" into just type, it shows me 2 Google maps icons.

Sprint Vz Frankenpre2
    Last edited by bcast; 11/18/2011 at 05:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    im on webOS 1.4.5 Pre Plus and got an update to 1.4.5 !!!
    how to avoid this plz?
    Exactly. I'm working on 1.4.5 and recently, my Pre Plus updated to 1.4.5. After the restart, Bing Maps was gone and Google Maps was back. At least the link, the app was not working as before so I had to open die App Catalog and download Bing Maps again. Now everything is working again except that the Maps Icon still is the one of Google Maps, but when you tap on it, Bing Maps starts.
    I think someone accidently pushed an "update button" at HP / Palm.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richardfrank View Post
    I've got the same 2.1.0 to 2.1.0 update threatened... Any way to avoid it?
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ease-read.html