Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamNorton View Post
    I just got an unlocked (AT&T) Pre3 and have had no success getting it working on Telus. I get to the point of entering the account but it can't sign in due to low coverage (which isn't the case). Telus of course can't help. How did you get your Pre2 going...any suggesttions/tips? Thanks
    By default, the Pre3 doesn't appear to have the right APN data for TELUS. After your sign-in fails, click the button to change the phone settings and input TELUS' APN information (google it).

Do you already have a Palm/webOS profile? I had one from my TouchPad, but it was a complete pain in the ***** to get my Pre3 activated.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...first-use.html
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamNorton View Post
    I just got an unlocked (AT&T) Pre3 and have had no success getting it working on Telus. I get to the point of entering the account but it can't sign in due to low coverage (which isn't the case). Telus of course can't help. How did you get your Pre2 going...any suggesttions/tips? Thanks

Graham
    After you enter the webOS account login info, the wheels will spin for about a minute or so and eventually error out. You'll see a new "phone settings" button appear, tap that to manually enter the Telus HSPA APN info. Without this APN setting, you won't have a data connection. Enter the Internet APN value: sp.telus.com and leave the username & password empty. Save the settings, and the phone will try again to log in to the webOS account. You should see the signal strength icon change to a 3G icon after a few seconds, and then you should be able to get logged in.

Good luck!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12