Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i'm not getting sms notifications, nothing in the bottom, no blinking, and no audio on my pre2. Is this somehow by design and is just something i need to enable? this is vital for me to have blinking notifications for txts and to have some sort of alert, i can only tell i've gotten txts if i open up the messagin app and see them there.

Kinda frustrating :/
    is it completely stock or are you patched? if so have you tried running an epr and see if that fixes it?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    is it completely stock or are you patched? if so have you tried running an epr and see if that fixes it?
    epr?

yeah its completely stock right now, i did install preware to get the 4x4 icons but have since learned thats not patchable yet so i haven't installed anything at all. its very annoying :/ any ideas?
    that is weird that you arent getting anything. was it working before and now its not? have you tried restarting and pulling the battery?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    that is weird that you arent getting anything. was it working before and now its not? have you tried restarting and pulling the battery?
    no i never got any notifications, i just got the phone a few days ago, and i figured it was just idk fixing itself or something? idk but i figured it would sort itself out and now i'm really upset because i'm missing ALOT of sms as a result of this and i really dont understand why.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    OK, I know it is a bit stupid but have you checked your messaging preferences?
    New message:
    Show notification ON
    Blink notification ON
    Alert Everything but Mute

Also have you installed mode switcher and maybe by mistake changed these values?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    OK, I know it is a bit stupid but have you checked your messaging preferences?
    New message:
    Show notification ON
    Blink notification ON
    Alert Everything but Mute

Also have you installed mode switcher and maybe by mistake changed these values?
    dont worry, i dont think its dumb, i'm having a hard time remembering if i had to set my preplus to give me notifications or blink (u know its been so long and stuff). This is very helpful to me, i actually can't find this menu, when i go to the messaging app and click preferences all that i get is "message drafts copy to clipboard, copy to message" and then "message list "delete confirmation" and then a list of all my accounts...

I bet its something super obvious and i'll feel totally stupid for missing it but i cannot find an sms tone/notification menu :/
  8.    #8  
    oh and i haven't installed modeswitcher. Do i need to?
    check the screen lock settings and the sound settings. not in the messaging app.
  10.    #10  
    it doesn't say messaging specificly but in the screen and lock both blink and show when locked are both "on"

but i dont see the "new messages" preface that you have on yours
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Actually I don't remember the "stock" messaging menu. I've installed the System Menu patches (which for me are a "must"). However go to Messaging - Preferences and accounts and under accounts where Palm Profile is, press that little bell symbol.

Otherwise go to Sounds and Ringtones from the Launcher and check out your prefs
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Actually I don't remember the "stock" messaging menu. I've installed the System Menu patches (which for me are a "must"). However go to Messaging - Preferences and accounts and under accounts where Palm Profile is, press that little bell symbol.

Otherwise go to Sounds and Ringtones from the Launcher and check out your prefs
    OOO the bell took me to that menu, but everything was toggled to "on" and enabled so idk what i'm doing wrong here hmm, do u think i should just install that systems menu patch? do u think that would help?
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    It doesn't seem you're doing anything wrong TBH, especially if it is that way since the beginning. Check Sounds and Ringtones too, just in case. Also check the Screen & Lock menu.
    System menus are very useful for a myriad things, however I'm not so sure that they would solve your problem.
    Have you installed anything else or changed anything? Also, have you restarted your device?
    Go to that menu and toggle it on-off-on, just in case. Although I don't think it'll help.
  14.    #14  
    mmm no patches if thats what you mean, i did install some apps earlier and preware but thats about it. I've done a full restart a few times now :/ i might just call palm and see wat their support line can do for me. Thanks for trying to help, i REALLY appreciate the patience and assistance
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    No problem. I wish I could help. Do other sounds work? Ringtones from incoming calls, other system sounds, music ?
    Do you get e-mail notifications and sounds?
    Facebook notifications?
  16.    #16  
    my facebook REFUSES to sync, it spends ALL DAY saying its syncing facebook and has yet to finish, thats been going on for two days now and i made a thread about it, no responses yet and from a google search i did no one else seems to be having this issue either -.-, but yeah the other notifications and my normal ringtone work, just sms doesn't want to play nice
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Well it seems your problem is with Messaging then. If you checked those options (blink, sounds etc) and they seem to be OK, I can't really think of anything else. Maybe someone else could help, there are many experienced users in these forums. If you have the phone only for a few days, maybe Doctoring it wouldn't be a bad idea.
    If anything else pops into mind I'll post again.
    Keep us informed though
    Sepherous,
    In the Messaging app, after you go to the Preferences & Accounts screen, have you then tapped your phone number account and checked the settings for it, making sure notifications and alerts are enabled?
    Sepherous,

Did you get around this issue? If you did could you share it please? I am having similar issues with no notifications on receiving sms. I have to go into my messaging app to see if I have received any txt. Also similar issue with the facebook app trying to sync.
    Sepherous,
    Mine was doing that and I thought that some of the patches I had installed were causing it. After I removed all the patches, the notifications still did not work then I Doctored and the notifications started working again. I do not know if the patches caused them to stop or not. Maybe it was a coincidence. After Doctoring, they work.

Greg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast