Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question, but on my Pre2 with WEBOS 2.1, I cannot view any of my photos on Facebook. This is the Facebook app I downloaded from the HP app store. I have deleted the app and reloaded it again and still experiencing the same problem. I even removed all of the patches and still the same problem. Could this be a bug in the Facebook app? Has anyone experienced this problem before?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    same for me x2. We have 2 press and doing the same thing started after upgrade to 2.1 on sprint pres.
    Yeah, this is a good place to post that. All I can say is that I have a Verizon Pre 2, with 2.1. Verizon only has 2.0.1, so yes, I upgraded with meta-doctor.

Anyhow, with the Facebook version 1.5.0, I can see all the pictures. So, not sure what the problem is for you. I guess I would consider doctoring the phone. WebOS 2 does a good job of backing up most of your stuff, and if you use Save and Restore, you can get back almost all your settings/data.
    There is a solution.

If you go to the login screen on your actual desktop computer, right corner go account settings, account security, and tap change. make sure secure HTTPS is not checked, and if it is, uncheck it. Save.

This should solve your issue.
    that will do it
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    There is a solution.

If you go to the login screen on your actual desktop computer, right corner go account settings, account security, and tap change. make sure secure HTTPS is not checked, and if it is, uncheck it. Save.

This should solve your issue.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Thanks, that did the trick. Now I just hope I did not compromise my privacy and security.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Yay that worked! You won't believe how long I tried to get that working
    Quote Originally Posted by agiudici View Post
    same for me x2. We have 2 press and doing the same thing started after upgrade to 2.1 on sprint pres.
    How did you get the 2.1 upgrade on Sprint?
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Talking about facebook, does anyone know which are the differences in the browser editions of FB? I mean touch.facebook and x.facebook.
    m.facebook.com & x/i/touch.facebook.com
    until a few weeks ago, m.facebook.com was awesome, but now its the old cell phone version again.

x/i/touch is the crappy iphone version that was updated sooo long ago.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I use the application most of the time, however there are some things that you cannot do there and you need to use the browser.

Also, is there any easy way to share a youtube video in FB? There is no "Link" option in the FB app and the "Share" option in Youtube has only e-mail and SMS of the link.

The only working way I've found out is to go to m.youtube.com through the web browser and then "Share" the video from there.
    Adding one what kjb86 said, you can make these changes on the phone by going to Login | Facebook to get the desktop version of facebook. This way you can make the changes on the fly.

I use the desktop URL for the other 2 are just read only practically and from from the desktop URL I can delete posts, change avatar, pretty much anything I can on the desktop minus photo management.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    How do you get the Verizon Pre 2 to upgrade to 2.1??? I just got mine in the mail today. And is it worth it? Does 2.1 actually bring that many more features?
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    How do you get the Verizon Pre 2 to upgrade to 2.1??? I just got mine in the mail today. And is it worth it? Does 2.1 actually bring that many more features?
    Could metadoctor BUT will be based on unbranded build best case so will loose vznavigator and skype. On the flip you will get exhibition, voicedial, and a slew of bug fixes.

2.1 update for Verizon not yet avail.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    How did you get the 2.1 upgrade on Sprint?
    On Sprint I doctored to 2.0.1 then ran the system updates app. I guess because the base dr. Is WR, it sees it as valid to update to 2.1.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    facebook won't even open up for me on my pre2 what's up ??