1.    #1  
    I've got a VZW Pre 2, everything on it is fine, except the slider, it has a little wiggle. Its annoying, but not enough for me to replace it. Has anyone dismantled a Pre 2 (or a Pre +), is the slider replaceable? I'd gladly call VZW and get a donor under warranty and do the swap if its possible.
    TIA
    Yes its replaceable but only after a LOT of dismantling... Ive taken apart a pre to the bone .. I have posted pics somewhere around here

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    How are you going to get a donor under warranty? Once you take it apart, the warranty on both is void. I'd say either get Verizon to replace it or live with it. It will be very difficult to change out the slider mechanism, even irregardless of the warranty. (I have taken Pre's apart a number of times, but not all the way to the slider removal)
    1. Sliders wiggle, and the older they are, the more they wiggle. This has been true with every slider I have ever encountered. Get used to it, or get a phone that's not a slider.

2. Listen to gapost. If it's not bad enough to get a warranty replacement, then it's not bad enough to void your warranty for. Not to mention, that "only 10 screws" or not, it's a fiddly pain in the ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
  5.    #5  
    I have 2 Pre pluses, neither had any wiggle. I've had the Pre 2 since launch day, wiggling this much in 2 months isn't normal.
    I don't want to warranty it and trade the wiggle for something worse.
    I think I will practice on one of the Pre pluses.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I have 2 Pre pluses, neither had any wiggle. I've had the Pre 2 since launch day, wiggling this much in 2 months isn't normal.
    I don't want to warranty it and trade the wiggle for something worse.
    I think I will practice on one of the Pre pluses.
    Well IF you don't mind voiding the Pre 2's warranty, You could probably use the slider from one of your Pre + phones. I'm not sure where the old comparable parts end and new parts begin with the Pre 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I've got a VZW Pre 2, everything on it is fine, except the slider, it has a little wiggle. Its annoying, but not enough for me to replace it. Has anyone dismantled a Pre 2 (or a Pre +), is the slider replaceable? I'd gladly call VZW and get a donor under warranty and do the swap if its possible.
    TIA
    A little wiggle is not a problem. It's necessary for the parts to move.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Well IF you don't mind voiding the Pre 2's warranty, You could probably use the slider from one of your Pre + phones. I'm not sure where the old comparable parts end and new parts begin with the Pre 2.
    Works fine. Wanted the mirror on my Pre 2 to have an AT&T Logo on it. Swapped the slider from a broken AT&T Pre Plus I purchased on eBay into my Pre 2. Kept the Pre 2's original slider just in case I ever need to send it back under warranty. Fortunately I was able to get the sticker off the screw intact and have it saved along with the original slider.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Works fine. Wanted the mirror on my Pre 2 to have an AT&T Logo on it. Swapped the slider from a broken AT&T Pre Plus I purchased on eBay into my Pre 2. Kept the Pre 2's original slider just in case I ever need to send it back under warranty. Fortunately I was able to get the sticker off the screw intact and have it saved along with the original slider.
    Bloody hell. That's brand loyalty. Not sure I'd ever be inclined to dismantle a device under warranty just to add a mobile phone company's logo to it. Perhaps a sticker might have been a less drastic option?
    Quote Originally Posted by Loccy View Post
    Bloody hell. That's brand loyalty. Not sure I'd ever be inclined to dismantle a device under warranty just to add a mobile phone company's logo to it. Perhaps a sticker might have been a less drastic option?
    Its actually employer loyalty ...... Don't have to worry about my paycheck bouncing, a warranty that's hard to beat ......
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.