Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    so I left my original Pre for the HTC Evo. I didn't like that phone so I switched to blackberry. I kinda liked that but it didn't have good apps so I switched to a Samsung Epic. Sprint made me angry so I switched to a Verizon iPhone, which I couldn't stand ONE BIT!

yesterday, I used my buy back program from Best Buy and I traded in my 32GB iPhone 4 for a Palm Pre 2. While it's on it's way shipping to me, I borrowed a Palm Pre Plus from a friend.

WOW. Did I miss webOS. This system is so intuitive and perfect. I love it. I don't think I am going to leave it again. I have gone through several versions of Android, Blackberry and iOS.... And they just don't compare! I can't wait to get my hands on my Pre 2 when it comes in. I hear it is worlds better than the Pre Plus.

you all have any suggestions on some good homebrew patches that I should immediately install on my Pre 2 when it is released?
    Welcome Back!
    Welcome back
  4.    #4  
    Trust me I am VERY glad to be back!
    looking forward to hearing your take on the pre2
    on the pre2 take a look at the 'advanced' patches that provide combinaton of dozens of patches you would have tied.

also check out mode swiitcher.

those will keep you bus an happy.

glad you are back. The Prerr is going to make you very happy.
  7.    #7  
    thanks. I will definitely download those patches.
    Welcome back!
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    welcome back....smartphone wise WebOs works great
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    enjoy it, it really is light years better than the Pre!

but the Verizon Pre 2 is on 2.0.1 and many of the good patches are 2.1. I'm sure there's a way to update without waiting for the excruciatingly slow Verizon, but I haven't taken any time to look for it. Good Luck!

Clarice (current Pre 2, former Pre+ and Pixi+)
    Welcome back, friend. I'm still waiting on my Pre2 to get here so I can FrankenPre2 my Sprint Pre- !!
    Welcome back! I just got my pre2 last week so i kinda know what your feeling :P
    PreCentral is getting swarmed by trolls and understandably upset customers. Nice to see a positive comment here!

On Facebook, I recently asked my techie friends (I'm in IT) to list awesome tech that didn't ever get widely adopted, for whatever reason. BeOS is my first candidate, and others weighed in: betamax, Amiga, and almost Apple..

Remember when Apple was almost dead, save for the devoted fans? They had almost no share of the PC market, but kept going, and were saved by some good management and ideas like the iThings. Before that there was only a tiny cadre of fans who realized the OS and the boxen were far superior to Microsoft's alliance with PC makers. Much like the webOS community now.

This is the first time I've been rooting for the superior idea - webOS - that is the underdog.
    This kind of solidifies me staying with WebOS. I was getting kind of bored and was thinking about going to any of the other operating systems for a change but whenever I almost do it I see threads like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    This kind of solidifies me staying with WebOS. I was getting kind of bored and was thinking about going to any of the other operating systems for a change but whenever I almost do it I see threads like this.
    I wish I had the kind of money to switch between expensive gadgets whenever I get bored.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I switched to android for 12 days and all the new apps to download don't make up for the poor multitasking, I couldn't stand android, the virtual keyboard or the laggy pages of widgets. I like webos way more than I thought.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    The only thing that other platforms have over webos is the sheer number of apps. The operating system itself cannot be beat, not even by the copycats over in Canada. They tried, i'll give them that.

You wont be thankful for all the little, yet awesome, things webos has in it until you leave it.... and then come back.

Honestly, I don't even know why i would ever leave such perfection...... :-) or as close to perfect as this market can get anyway. Only thing that can be better is battery life.
    <<Post deleted>>
    We're not going to allow these interrogation posts.
    Someone doesn't like Android or iOS. They don't need to justify or explain with particulars why.
    We're done allowing these fruitless debates in our forums.
    If you really love Android and iOS that much, it seems strange to spend your energy hanging out in a webOS forum trying to convince others of these OS' superiority over webOS.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 05/01/2011 at 02:04 AM.
  19.    #19  
    one question: battery life is something I am worried about. Other than the regular tun off wifi and bluetooth, is there something I should do from homebrew when I get my Pre 2 tomorrow to extend battery life? I'm not usually around a charger...
    I used to have the extended battery but with mode switcher, my data on demand mode, and changing the wifi preferences to go to sleep when not needed and my stock battery will last all day.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast