Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is kind of weird. I was receiving text messages for almost a week after getting my Pre 2 and suddenly 2 days ago I stopped getting text messages. After a reset I was able to get text messages again. Has anybody experienced this on a Sprintified Pre 2?
    Its a messaging app error. I've had the same issue i think. Basically the phone wont show that there is a new message. Even if you go into the messaging app, it doesnt show anything. After a reboot, everything is there including correct timestamps. I noticed this even affects my facebook chat account. So i think its a messaging thing and not a text issue.
    Are we sure this is a WebOS issue? I have a co-worker with an EVO and he's perodically had the same issue. He just won't get text messages, but he can send them. I think a reboot resolves it.

-Skippy
    Reboot or next time just airplane mode on then off. My Sprint Pre Plus on 1.4.5 did the same thing yesterday. Flipped airplane mode and all the sudden I was getting them. More thinking this is a network problem.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I experienced the same problem in the first few days with mine as well. I added reboot scheduler after that and have my phone reset every morning. I have yet to experience the problem again.
  6.    #6  
    I just installed reboot scheduler. I hope it helps. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    This is kind of weird. I was receiving text messages for almost a week after getting my Pre 2 and suddenly 2 days ago I stopped getting text messages. After a reset I was able to get text messages again. Has anybody experienced this on a Sprintified Pre 2?
    I sprintified my pre 2 last night and thought everything was working until just now i realized im not receiving and all out going texts are also failing.
    When you say reset do you mean restart or wipe your profile and start over. so far restarting hasnt helped.
    He is referring to a device reset(restart) but it sound like you need to visit webosinternals do a "git pull", "make clobber", and visit the doctor.
    I'm also having issues with this with a Verizon Pre 2 comm board moved to Sprint. Sounds like there still isn't a solution for this.

There is another thread on this. Can a mod merge these threads?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...receiving.html
    Last edited by capt4chris; 09/10/2011 at 07:42 PM.
    There has been a lot of information on this, the only thing that works for me:

Restart is a temporary solution.

Doctor seems like it has fixed this problem so far but I suspect it'll come back up sometime.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
    Yeah I was hoping for a more permanent solution.
    how prevelent is this issue? Is there anyone who has done the franken pre mod and never noticed this problem?

I have a new to me sprint pre and an NIB unlocked pre 2 on my desk here and threads like this one are making me reconsider my plans.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I had that happen on my Verizon Pre2 on Thursday night, didn't even realize it until I did a reset sometime on Friday and a whole bunch of messages came in. Not sure why it happened.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    This happened on my Verizon Pre 2 once and only on 2.1 -- never had the problem on 2.0.1. All my incoming and outgoing text messages didn't send until I rebooted.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    how prevelent is this issue? Is there anyone who has done the franken pre mod and never noticed this problem?

I have a new to me sprint pre and an NIB unlocked pre 2 on my desk here and threads like this one are making me reconsider my plans.
    Well it happened to me for a couple days but now its been fine for a couple days. More often than not its working fine. I'm just curious what actually causes the problem on those rare days where this problem happens.
    I've had this issue numerous times on my unlocked GSM Pre 2, so I don't think it is a network or hardware issue. It's most likely software.

I also corrected it the same way, with a reboot. It's very irritating as you have no idea something is wrong until someone tells you in person or over the phone, or you just happen to reboot your phone.
    I just have this issue with my wife's veer. After a reboot all the sms were there. It seems like a messaging app bug.

She realized the problem after someone call her asking for all their unanswered sms ....
    Upgraded from sprint pre - to new unlocked gsm pre 2(thanks ebay ~$140). Loving the phone (some apps dont work but) but the issue with texts just randomly failing to show up is a mess. This happened during a conversation last night. It just stopped. That carried over into today on multiple conversations and of course the reboot fixed it.

I will investigate this (I didnt homebrew the phone bc its good the way it is)
    but I dont know if this is a real long term fix.

"He is referring to a device reset(restart) but it sound like you need to visit webosinternals do a "git pull", "make clobber", and visit the doctor."
    I just had this for three days and unlike other times a reboot alone was not curing it. I thought it might be a messaging database issue so I deleted all conversations, let it sit for 10 minutes to allow the database to catch up to the GUI (don't know how necessary that step was but I was being cautious), and then did an Opt+Sym+R reboot. This time when it came back from the reboot all the messages I had missed since Friday were there! Woohoo! I texted some late answers back to a few friends and got their replies so it all seems to be working again. Rogers Pre 2 on Bell with webOS 2.1.0.
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Yha this has happened to me 2 times. and im not exactly sure whenelse. Sometimes I just retstart my phone to make sure its not acting up again. Wish I could solve this issue.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast