1.    #1  
    So after about about $500 and a lot of excitement, my gsm pre2 running on sprint no longer works. The screen doesn't work and neither does the keyboard. If I try to type something sometimes it registers, sometimes after a delay, some keys try and some dont. volume buttons dont work, ringer switch doesn't work.

I get still get notifications and update messages but cant tap, so I quess the network still works.

It boots up just fine but cant do anything, no scrolling or typing. Even if there is an alarm the only way to make it stop is to remover the battery.

So what do I do now. I have to reactivate my old pre, will I be able to reactivate pre2 if by chance I get it working again. How can I get it working again? Is it possible to doctor a franken pre?
    If you put the comm board back into a regular pre and dr with 1.4.5 you should be fine..

As far as the issue.. Sounds like a loose connection or at worst (which is pretty bad) a bad screen...

When you take it apart check the cable connections

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    If you put the comm board back into a regular pre and dr with 1.4.5 you should be fine..

As far as the issue.. Sounds like a loose connection or at worst (which is pretty bad) a bad screen...

When you take it apart check the cable connections

I still have my old pre, used cheap donor for the swap so I can just reactivate my old pre to have a phone that works. What I am wondering is if I get the pre2 fixed and after switching back to my old pre, will I be able to switch back to the pre2 without swapping boards again.

Also, its not just the screen that doesn't work, keyboard and buttons dont work either. For example, phone boots up alarm goes off but I cant turn off sound or decrease volume, they just dont work anymore.

Will try looking for connections like you said. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I still have my old pre, used cheap donor for the swap so I can just reactivate my old pre to have a phone that works. What I am wondering is if I get the pre2 fixed and after switching back to my old pre, will I be able to switch back to the pre2 without swapping boards again.

Also, its not just the screen that doesn't work, keyboard and buttons dont work either. For example, phone boots up alarm goes off but I cant turn off sound or decrease volume, they just dont work anymore.

Will try looking for connections like you said. Thanks.
    Well the volume buttons are somewhat attached to the board.. I'll see if I can get a pic..

6.    #6  
    Thanks Sketch, Ill see what I can do.