1.    #1  
    OK I made the mistake of buying an iPhone on verizon. I hate it. So i am going to purchase a Pre 2. I do have some questions, however:

1) I have been gone from the webOS world since the launch of the HTC EVO. Can the Pre 2 be homebrewed in the same manner in which I could homebrew the original pre or pre plus? Can it use all the same patches, themes, etc?

2) How is the battery life? The original pre was horrible. I am willing to deal with bad battery life in order to use webos, but is it bad? Good? Really bad?

3) How fast is it? The original pre ran well when it was overclocked to 800mhz. I'm guessing the pre 2 runs faster than even that? Is there a lot of wait on loading applications?

Thanks in advance. I just want to make sure im not going to shoot myself in the foot later.
    yes

better

FAST!
    1) Preware will run the same as it did on the original pre. Some 1.4.5 patches however wont be available but its not a big deal. A lot of the good ones are.

2) 2.0 is supposed to make better use of the battery. A lot of people here (myself included) have upgraded there original Pres and Pre Pluses to 2.1 with a homebrew webos Doctor. I can say for myself that my battery life is better.

3) The Pre 2 runs at 1 GHz. Everyone who has used one says it is fast.

I think the Pre 2 is a great device. But if you wait a little longer you can get a Pre 3 in the summer.
    Totally agree with the above. Pre2 is fast and I do not feel any need for overclocking. And the battery life is noticeably better. You will love it.
    Regarding battery life: Take a look at this place. People have put in actual numbers. See if it suits you.
    gesture bar + true multitasking > fully-featured OS and SDK, quality apps, greater developer interest, battery life, reliable hardware

Not enough apps in the catalog? Well, the apps suit my needs just fine.

You're on your 3rd replacement? My launch day Pre never had a problem.

WebOS = potential

luv your sig!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  7.    #7  
    Thanks! Very helpful!
  8.    #8  
    Thanks, guys. I just can't stand the iPhone any more. Mistake buying it.

And the reason I don't wait until Pre 3 is because I hear that the Pre 3 will not be released on Verizon until quarter 3 (from a Verizon store). I don't want to be stuck with my iPhone for THAT long.

Plus, something about the Qualcomm processor in the Pre 3 i don't trust. HTC devices get HORRIBLE battery life and the one thing they have in common is a Qualcomm chip powering them. This concerned me even further when HP didn't announce what kind of battery life they were getting with ANY of their new devices. If it was good, they would be proud and say it.

From the Videos i have seen on yotube, the Pre 2 seems very capable. I think I will ber very happy with it, especially since you all have answered my questions about homebrew and battery life.

Also, one of the things that I liked a lot about the Pre 3 is the touch-to-share because I WILL be buying a touchpad. Honestly, I think that will come via software update to the Pre 2, since it's basically bluetooth I think. I mean, the veer doesn't have it now and Ruby said that it would receive it over the air in a software update.
  9.    #9  
    I just realized what you said up there....

HOW do you put 2.X on a Sprint Palm Pre????? I haven't figured out how to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    I just realized what you said up there....

HOW do you put 2.X on a Sprint Palm Pre????? I haven't figured out how to do it.
    WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals
    Does anyone no if there's a way to silence the swoosh sound the pre 2 makes when you flick a card off the screen (close an app)?
    Quote Originally Posted by wunn1 View Post
    Does anyone no if there's a way to silence the swoosh sound the pre 2 makes when you flick a card off the screen (close an app)?
    i think you can go ghetto fabulous with internalz and manually replace the sound file with a silent one