Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
Like Tree5Likes
  1. #21  
    I have a sprint palm pre- thats not connected due to my sprintified pre 2. How can i take the whole .ipk off the pre- and install on my pre2 to get the nascar app to work?
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by jerszone View Post
    I have a sprint palm pre- thats not connected due to my sprintified pre 2. How can i take the whole .ipk off the pre- and install on my pre2 to get the nascar app to work?
    I am not a Nascar fan so I never tried it, but I assume you can try to get it from the the webos version 1.45 doctor and install it like the navigation, amazon etc as discussd here
  3. #23  
    i've tried it from the doctor but it just has a refresh button, i need to try to pull the whole package off my old pre- because its still working with wifi only and place it as a complete ipk in my pre 2. Thanks
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    OK lot of different methods here is what worked for me for both sprint and amazonMp3: use an older version of quick install, and type your commands instead of paste with the directions as follows:

    1. You have already have the file(s). (To install amazon you need two)

    2. Put your phone in Dev Mode, open up quick install, and send file to /media/internal

    3. Open up the linux command and type the following command:

    ipkg install /media/internal/com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.1-86_armv7.ipk -force-depends

    4. Hit enter key

    5. Restart your phone.

    Come back and let us know.
    i am trying with WOQI 3.14 and yet i have the same problem. I downloaded the file right? and then i put my phone on USB MODE. And then, i dragged the ipk file and just put over the USB section which would be media/internal right? So then i used WOQI 3.14 for command linux and i typed it just as it is and it says error 22... i even try to take the spaces away from the FORCE-DEPENDS ipk file and it says UNKNOWN.. so what am i doing wrong?
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    i am trying with WOQI 3.14 and yet i have the same problem. I downloaded the file right? and then i put my phone on USB MODE. And then, i dragged the ipk file and just put over the USB section which would be media/internal right? So then i used WOQI 3.14 for command linux and i typed it just as it is and it says error 22... i even try to take the spaces away from the FORCE-DEPENDS ipk file and it says UNKNOWN.. so what am i doing wrong?
    Is the phone in usb mode or just charge when you doing the command line? Needs to be just charge I think.
    And make sure you have the code exact
  6. #26  
    If you are in usb mode, eject the phone and try again
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Is the phone in usb mode or just charge when you doing the command line? Needs to be just charge I think.
    And make sure you have the code exact
    do you know if everything goes together? u know like for FORCE-DEPENDS or FORCE -DEPENDS?
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    do you know if everything goes together? u know like for FORCE-DEPENDS or FORCE -DEPENDS?
    Type it exactly as it appears in the instructions
    rigo0523 likes this.
  9. #29  
    okay let me do it again
    ill keep you updated right now
  10. #30  
    OMG i got it.... i think i know what the problem was. for the media internal.... i had tried to save the file like 5 times so instead of having the correct on MEDIA/INTERNAL i had this one:

    /media/internal/com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.1-86_armv7(1).ipk

    notice how I had the (1) in there.... i checket through internalz pro APPLICATION and i noticed it had the (1) no wonder lol, such a tiny mistake that i wasn't aware of. But yes, it worked and i finally have my SPRINT NAVIGATION..yay.... thanks a lot. you really helped me. so for anyone doing the same thing, make sure it doesn't have the (1) or any other number there. Thanks man.
  11. tmark86's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #31  
    Works great! Thanks for the How To.

    For anyone who is looking, the Sprint Nav ipk can be found in this forum post, page 9 about halfway down
    Anyone get Sprint Nav working on 2.1.0?
  12. #32  
    got sprint tv 1.65 ipk from sprint doctor 1.45 to install on pre2.

    I can see the menus but the videos are blank. Does anyone have a later version of sprint tv I could try than 1.65?

    thanks.

    just pm me with link to file.
  13. gbobman's Avatar
    Posts
    169 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    #33  
    As I have had to do this twice already, I not only thanked this post due to it being perfectly helpful, but I also want to find this for my subsequent installs.

    And thanks again.
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

    I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

    - (Sigh)... It died.
  14. #34  
    Where can I find the files for Nav and TV?
  15. PalmLives's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #35  
    Followed the steps listed in the first post, just did it in Ubunto 11.04. Could not believe it workd without a hitch. My frankenpre2 is kicking a**.
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions