1.    #1  
    I wanted to share and see what you guys are using in your just type preferences. Maybe we can learn of some useful ones.
    Here is mine:

Applications:
    Email
    Bookmarks & History

Launch & Search
    Wikipedia
    YouTube
    Amazon
    Palm App Catalog
    Music Player (Remix)
    Google Maps
    IMDb
    Find PSN User

Quick Actions: (The order doesn't stick)
    New Calendar Event
    New Memo
    Quick Post
    Add to Notes

That's all for now.
    Wow. Our's are exactly the same except I have Translator in launch and search instead if PSN. Used it a few times. It guesses what language the word you typed is in. Not too shabby.

oh, also I have the Koto demo installed just for the application search in case I wanna find a specific song real quick or to demo just type.
    I use the site search feature relentlessly. I must have 20 websites added to Just Type. Just Type has made me rely on Google for much less. I launch and search Wikipedia or any of the other websites that I know will have what I'm looking for instead of just doing a Google search.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I got email and bookmarks-history in applications
    In Launch & Search I have Wikipedia, Imdb and Youtube
    and in quick actions I have New message, new calendar event, new email and update fb status.

I have a question though. When I go to preferences I don't have anything under Default Search Engine. However if I type and press Enter google automatically launches. I also add Google to Launch&Search and it does not appear in Just Type. Is this normal?
    I had Just Type for a few weeks and really didn't know how to do stuff anymore when I had to go back to 1.4.5.

I must've had a dozen of search engines in there, and used Koto's JT integration as well as Translator (which is a great way to find synonyms as well) all the time.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    My Spanglish app is J|T compatible. Does Spanish word definitions and Span-Eng/Eng-Span phrase translation.

In beta: https://developer.palm.com/appredire....app.spanglish (new bug fixed should be released today or tomorrow too)
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    I have the wolfram alpha added to my search so now I have a extensive just type calculator. Its awsome...
  8.    #8  
    Things that I'm looking for with Just Type:

-Just Type search for PictureIt: PictureIt, which is no longer available on the app catalog is really awesome for searching pictures, however the lack of just type on WebOS 2.0 makes it less attractive than before.
    -Good English dictionary: I'm looking for something easy to install and that gives you options in case the word was misspelled.
    -Restaurants search: that uses the GPS by name or category. Pretty much Yelp with just type.
    -Weather: So who is the weather in...? Why can't I just type the name of the city and get the weather?
    -Time: What time is it in....? That can actually be combined with weather.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Dictionary.com is what I use for a dictionary. You have to go to the main site and search for a word, then the search engine option will pop up in the notifications. Then I typed in m.dicionary.com to get the mobile site and now when I type in a word and search, it comes up in mobile site.

I had to play around with this to get it to work right, try typing different words when searching, I think the first word gets cached to the main site so if you search that word again it keeps taking you to the main site.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Dictionary.com is what I use for a dictionary. You have to go to the main site and search for a word, then the search engine option will pop up in the notifications. Then I typed in m.dicionary.com to get the mobile site and now when I type in a word and search, it comes up in mobile site.

I had to play around with this to get it to work right, try typing different words when searching, I think the first word gets cached to the main site so if you search that word again it keeps taking you to the main site.
    Yes, tricky. Best way is to add it and clear the cache, history and cookies. Now it works. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I wish YP worked with Just Type. It's so much better than Google Maps.