1.    #1  
    I've read several threads concerning album art and the pre however, each of these threads are dealing with a windows PC. I use iTunes but i manually added the album to each of my mp3s. There are several ID3 versions that I can switch my mp3s too does this make a difference? If not what is the best way to get album unto my pre using a mac?
  2.    #2  
    is this more of a general webOS topic?
    I used Salling Media Sync (the free version) which worked flawlessly until very recently, when certain tracks (mp3, not AAC) stopped displaying album art.
    Worth a try, though. I haven't bothered to see what's wrong with mine. Besides I'm hoping for an ipod nano in the future so I can free up a little more space on this thing.
  4.    #4  
    do you know what this program does differently as far as labeling mp3s that allows the album art to show up?
  5.    #5  
    for anyone curious about the answer.

It has to do with the ID3 tag. WebOS only recognizes version 2.4. It is a simple conversion within iTunes. I just converted all my ID3 tags to 2.4 and now the artwork is on my Pre 2. Its amazing how changing a couple of words within a Google search will yield such drastically different results. I've been looking for this answer for a week.