1.    #1  
    Originally I had a Sprint Pre- running on webOS 2.1. I have since received a Verizon Pre 2 and swapped the comm boards between them, resulting in a Pre 2 running on Sprint, with webOS 2.0.1.

Is there a route to upgrade back to webOS 2.1? Running the meta-doctor script from webos-internals (./scripts/meta-sprint-franken-unlocked-pre2-2.1.0) results in a TOKEN MISMATCH error.

Thanks-
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Look for the Sprint-franken-verizon-Pre2 script. It's in one of the threads. I'll shoot you the file tonight if you don't get it by then.
    If you get this to work can you reply back? I'm in the same situation and badly want to go from 2.0.1 to 2.1 with my verizon pre2 on sprint.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Im not aware of a script for the verizon pre2 base, that posted script is expecting a WR Pre2. I know of the 2.0.1 one, there is no 2.1.0 verizon doctor yet, so if there is a script for this combo then the wiki needs to be updated.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Meta-doctor script http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2917677

Delete the .txt extension. Copy the file to the scripts folder in meta-doctor directory.

Open terminal
    cd meta-doctor
    ./scripts/meta-sprint-franken-verizon-pre2-2.1.0

Good luck. I have to re-run mine. My profile is showing 9.9.9.
  6.    #6  
    Did this work for anyone?
    all you have to do is run thr WR doctor for world phones after the initial meta doctor !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    all you have to do is run thr WR doctor for world phones after the initial meta doctor !
    Even if my device was originally a Verizon Pre 2 and not a GSM Pre 2? I thought I tried this once before with no success...
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    Even if my device was originally a Verizon Pre 2 and not a GSM Pre 2? I thought I tried this once before with no success...
    No, running the WR Doctor on a VZW Pre 2 will not work. You'll need to change the tokens. And all you need are these: DMCARRIER = ROW,*
    DMMODEL = P102UNA,*
    PRODoID = P102UNA
    PN = 180-10840-00

I would suggest you run the WR 2.0.1 Doctor first, then OTA update to 2.1.

Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by syang870 View Post
    No, running the WR Doctor on a VZW Pre 2 will not work. You'll need to change the tokens. And all you need are these: DMCARRIER = ROW,*
    DMMODEL = P102UNA,*
    PRODoID = P102UNA
    PN = 180-10840-00

I would suggest you run the WR 2.0.1 Doctor first, then OTA update to 2.1.

Good luck
    This is mostly correct, in order to get the WR dr to run on a VZW device you will have to bypass carrier and model checks. If the device is left in that condition you could have profile issues. The safest way IMHO is to make the meta Dr. to write the above tokens to the VZW pre 2 with bypass carrier and model checks selected, then when complete follow it with the stock WR 2.1 Pre 2 Dr. That way it goes through all of the model and carrier checks. Everything should be fine then.

Oh... make sure to write down or save the VZW Pre 2 Token values somewhere so you can take it back when VZW finally releases their next OTA update.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Hey syang, i see ur in sac, would you consider doing a fankenpre2 for me? for a fee of course. i'm about to do something drastic. lol