1.    #1  
    Just today I bought a AT&T Pre 2 on eBay. Once I get it I will be shipping it along with my sprint Pre to webos world to have them two it. I already run my sprint Pre at 800mhz. What can I expect in differences? Am I going to be glad I did it? Would love to hear from those that have done th
    E same thing. Thanks

Ken
    gorilla glass and the upgraded processor make it as smooth as butter. And 2.x is very nice!
    I Sprintified my Pre 2, it's awesome. You will love it! 2.1 is great, Gorilla Glass is great, improved battery life is great. It's just great!!! I know for sure once you get it back from webOS World, you will be glad you did it.

A few threads were started about people talking about their upgrade to a Pre 2, here are a few of them.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ifference.html

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...y-pre-2-a.html

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...us-review.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I Sprintified my Pre 2, it's awesome. You will love it! 2.1 is great, Gorilla Glass is great, improved battery life is great. It's just great!!! I know for sure once you get it back from webOS World, you will be glad you did it.

A few threads were started about people talking about their upgrade to a Pre 2, here are a few of them.
    Was your Pre2 orginially on Verizon? If so, how did you go about upgrading from 2.0.1 to 2.1?
    Expect a vastly improved webOS experience. The experience is night and day going from a Pre to a Pre 2, even if you have overclocked.
    what the others have said is true. I got a chance to play with one for a good half hour at a verizon store... Needless to say, I'm thoroughly jealous of verizon customers. Even with my 1ghz overclocked Pre minus.
  7.    #7  
    Im thinking of doing the conversion myself...I am familiar with running the meta script because I doctored my pre- to 2.1 but then came back because it just didnt run as smooth as it did on 1.4.5 so the software part I think will be fine, how hard was it to do the pysical part? I like working with my hands, I am really into rc cars so I tinker with small parts...anyways, curious on what you guys think?

Ken
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    Was your Pre2 orginially on Verizon? If so, how did you go about upgrading from 2.0.1 to 2.1?

Nah, I did it with an unlocked Pre 2. I upgraded to 2.1 via the OTA update.
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    Im thinking of doing the conversion myself...I am familiar with running the meta script because I doctored my pre- to 2.1 but then came back because it just didnt run as smooth as it did on 1.4.5 so the software part I think will be fine, how hard was it to do the pysical part? I like working with my hands, I am really into rc cars so I tinker with small parts...anyways, curious on what you guys think?

Ken

If you are used to messing around with RC cars, then I don't think you'll have a problem doing it yourself. I did my own FrankenPre 2 without any issues, and that was my first time doing a hardware mod like that. It's not too complicated, just take your time & follow the instructions. I used the Sprint Pre 2 guide that PastorRich created. Here's the link:

Sprint Pre 2 - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    with a verizon pre2 sprintified you will do the upgrade and then just do the OTA update like everyone else ! its sweet
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Just today I bought a AT&T Pre 2 on eBay. Once I get it I will be shipping it along with my sprint Pre to webos world to have them two it. I already run my sprint Pre at 800mhz. What can I expect in differences? Am I going to be glad I did it? Would love to hear from those that have done th
    E same thing. Thanks

Ken
    Contact webOSworld in advance. Make sure you do all of your backups and know your profile info. That save/restore program is a gem too. WebOSworld is great to deal with. I wrote an article about my experience and the thread was hijacked by a couple of idiots.

First you can expect great service from webOSworld. Yeah, I could have done it myself, I think. But what the heck. They do it fast and they do it right the first time. And if it sends a little love to webosInternals, that's kewl.

When you get your new device back from modification, you can expect a really smooth experience. It is the device that they should have replaced the Pre minus with at Sprint a year ago. You will have to re-enter your mail info again wait for your profile to load. It takes a while.

You will find that the patches for the launcher are few and far between. If you have a lot of patches now, especially with the launcher, you will be somewhat sad. There are plenty of patches for calender, mail, and messaging though.

WebOS 2.1 is nice. You've read all about it, and if you plan to stay with webOS, you are doing the right thing by moving forward. You will have a blast the first 2 weeks configuring your device to your liking. You will be loading Preware, patches, organizing your launcher, etc.

As fast as webOSworld is, it still seemed like forever without my webOS device. I have an iPad and iTouch, but they don't fill the gap. My best friend during that time was my old Sony Ciie, powered by Palm. You might want to backdate and read up on 2.1 tips and tricks. Another filler that you can read to pass the time might be the patch list at

webOS-Patches Web Portal

As everyone mentioned, your new device will be fast and smooth...as it should be. No need to even worry about overclocking. I like my new device so much, I don't know if I want a Pre3 on launch day. And if the Stingray rumors get exciting, I might skip the Pre3 altogether.
  12.    #12  
    Smartfah...I have read the write up on webosinternals, and I have also watch a youtube video on the conversion from Pre- to Pre+ and on the video he doesn't pop out the volume rocker switch, he just rotates that half upwards while he removes the comm board...what did you do? Can't wait for my Pre 2 arrive

Ken
  13.    #13  
    Well, my pre 2 was set to arrive this afternoon from purchasing it on ebay I was ready, had my meta doctor ready to go, the sprint pre 2 write-up and a youtube video ready...it was getting to be 3pm and still no fed-ex so I figured I would go ahead and dis-assemble the sprint pre in prep. Finally the fed-ex guy shows up I anxiously open the package and find.....not a pre 2, but a pre plus .........................very frustrated, and very sad as I was looking forward to setting this thing up tonight Its a large ebay company so I'm sure they will straighten it out, but it means another couple weeks of waiting Anyways, thought I would share........

Ken
    That's a burn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Well, my pre 2 was set to arrive this afternoon from purchasing it on ebay I was ready, had my meta doctor ready to go, the sprint pre 2 write-up and a youtube video ready...it was getting to be 3pm and still no fed-ex so I figured I would go ahead and dis-assemble the sprint pre in prep. Finally the fed-ex guy shows up I anxiously open the package and find.....not a pre 2, but a pre plus .........................very frustrated, and very sad as I was looking forward to setting this thing up tonight Its a large ebay company so I'm sure they will straighten it out, but it means another couple weeks of waiting Anyways, thought I would share........

Ken
    so.... are they getting it fixed for you ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  16.    #16  
    Ya, I sent it off today and they are giving me a full refund . I then found a verizon Pre 2 about 2hrs south of me so I got that and now have a sprint Pre 2 and it runs great and was pretty easy
    Ya, I sent it off today and they are giving me a full refund . I then found a verizon Pre 2 about 2hrs south of me so I got that and now have a sprint Pre 2 and it runs great and was pretty easy
    Congrats, glad it worked out. It definitely is not as complicated as it seems. Sorry I didn't reply to your question about the volume rocker. I didn't subscribe to this thread & must have missed it.

Congrats again, and enjoy your FrankenPre 2. I've had mine for about 2 months & it still feels like I got a new toy. I probably won't be upgrading to a Pre 3 right away (assuming Sprint get's it). I love the Pre 2.