Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I bought my Pre2 as a stop-gap measure until the Pre3 comes out. But I'm wondering if I really need to upgrade at all. I can type pretty well on the smaller keyboard. It tethers really well with my tablet. It's fast, and runs all the software I'd bought for it very well.

So why do I need a Pre3?
    Faster data via HSPA+ if that applies to your carrier, but otherwise I'm with you.
    I agree. Other than screen size, the Pre2 (or even the Veer) are awesome!
    now that I've got the camera working reliably I'm always amazing ppl with how much this device can do, & how fast it can do it, & how many other things I can do @ the same time.

I don't regret this buy @all.
    Its all about Touch To Share my friend...

That is if you are planning to buy the Touchpad (which I would assume since you bought Pre2 as a stopgap)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowhammer View Post
    Faster data via HSPA+ if that applies to your carrier, but otherwise I'm with you.
    yeah unfortunately that's too dependent on the carrier. Even thou it's rated to receive HSPA+ doesn't mean network speeds will even allow that. Obviously depends on network traffic, etc
    I do like the size of the pre/pre2 over pre3 and all rest of the android behemoth out there. But it does lack a high-res screen and auto focus camera. I take a lot of pics on my pre- for sharing on FB and macro shots are impossible and blurry with a fixed-focus camera. I wish the rest of the manufacturers will go the IP4 route and install a great sensor, auto-focus would be a given.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    They have to make the signal reception and battery life better, no? I travel a lot for work and those are two key factors in how it would be difficult to leave this EVO that I got as a potential stopgap until Pre3 comes out. I like the upgrades of Pre2, but reception and battery life don't sound to be improved over Pre, which was seriously lacking in those areas. (I know, shocking but this EVO battery life has actually been stellar)

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    I do like the size of the pre/pre2 over pre3 and all rest of the android behemoth out there. But it does lack a high-res screen and auto focus camera. I take a lot of pics on my pre- for sharing on FB and macro shots are impossible and blurry with a fixed-focus camera. I wish the rest of the manufacturers will go the IP4 route and install a great sensor, auto-focus would be a given.
    The thing is, I don't take great photographs, I just take snaps of my young kids. Having a camera that takes a while to focus (like all the other cameraphones I have used) is useless, because they never stay still! With the Pre2, I can take a picture almost instantly, and it's rarely out of focus and they are still in the frame!. Maybe not up there with the standard of top end cameras, but for snaps, it's excellent!
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Its all about Touch To Share my friend...

That is if you are planning to buy the Touchpad (which I would assume since you bought Pre2 as a stopgap)
    No, I wont be buying the Touchpad. Nothing wrong with it, but I have an Asus Transformer.
    Since the touch to share magic is actually happening over BT I really hope some genious is going to come up with a topbar-patch to launch touch to share with the press of a button and make it Pre 2 compatible that way
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    Since the touch to share magic is actually happening over BT I really hope some genious is going to come up with a topbar-patch to launch touch to share with the press of a button and make it Pre 2 compatible that way
    I am pretty sure it has been confirmed that touch to share will be using a proprietary communication and not bluetooth.
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint
    to have a device that runs on my carrier legitimately.my sprint pre 2 is great, but if the pre3 hits sprint I will be camping out on launch day.
    You're already a jump ahead of the game if you can stay content with what you're using.
    Think about it, almost every device, if not all, have bugs to work out for early adopters.
    Sure, some are minor, but early adopters almost always have a few. Also, I like to wait for the price with contract to drop.
    If Verizon is good about pushing out the 3.x update for the Pre 2, then i'll probably just stick with it. The form factor is perfect for me.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    Well, impossible is a strong word... Exceptionally difficult; absolutely. I am able to cheat with a crossed lens that I happen to have on hand that also happens to be a perfect supplemental lens for taking macroish shots with my Pre+. Of course i have to hold the lens in front of the Pre's camera lens, I am able to take some cool shots that would normally be impossible with the stock camera. Heres a sample:

Although, the improved camera in the Pre 3 is a big draw for me over the Veer or Pre 2...

{EDIT} Sorry for the hugeish pic, I will try to drop it down in size a bit if its too big
    that pic is awesome. I need your setup.
    Seems to me it's all about the financial worth you weigh these phones at. You gotta figure the Pre 3 will come in at a premium price when it hits. But the P2 is heavily discounted even now.
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    That picture is very cool.

meta doctoring my phone and getting a replacement under warranty recently has allowed me to be more patient, but I have almost burned my update a couple of times and I almost did the free on HP thing. But it's getting hard to wait again with so many good reviews on the 2. Also, I'm not real big on paying big bucks for a 3... Hmmm what to do...
    Last edited by e-gadget-guy; 04/22/2011 at 08:37 PM.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Well, I've been real happy with my VZW Pre+ with 2.1. But all the great comments about the Pre 2 convinced me to order one today. I love the size and form factor and think the Pre 3 would be a little bigger than I would want.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast