Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    My camera focuses weird. I know. And the pictures aren't really in any order, they just break up paragraphs.

I have had a Pre Plus since September 2010. While I prefer WebOS over IOS, the build quality wasn't that great. 7 months and 7 replacements later, the Verizon representative finally took pity on me and replaced my Pre Plus with a brand new Pre 2.

First, let's review the packaging like every other review you've seen. I prefer the Pre Plus' packaging over the Pre 2's, but honestly, who really cares? Here's a side-by-side pic.

A lot of reviewers miss the part where they need to compare the quality of the phones. The back half of the Pre 2 feels the same exact way as the Pre Plus. The front half feels much nicer with soft touch plastic and smooth glass. Although the Pre Plus is glossier, the plastic is always warped-looking from the factory, especially if you look around the mic in the sun. The Pre 2's glass screen is perfectly smooth, no warped look, perfect fitment. Much nicer to touch.

The Pre Plus and Pre 2 look Identical from the back. Even when the battery cover is off, the only way to tell them apart is the Pre Plus has an extra sticker.

All of my Pre Plus' have had their mirror scratched by the slider. My Pre 2 is no exception. I have only had it for hours (under heavy texting) and the flat black piece above the mirror is already scratched because of the slider. Disappointing, but no problem as long as it doesn't ever start to Oreo. On my device, the slider also seems to stay down when it's down; it takes more pressure to get it to start moving than the Pre Plus'. I like the way the Pre Plus' slider works more, but now the slider won't go up if I'm scrolling down a page, pushing my finger upward. The Pre 2 also has a creak in the battery cover, but that's really no big deal, just a slight peeve.

From the time you turn the Pre 2 on, you realize it does everything the Pre Plus does, but better and faster. Much faster. As fast as iPhone 4's have been when I used them. The screen looks higher under the glass quality and the gesture LED is brighter. Everything is flowy and instantaneous, whether it's the phone, internet, mail, or Facebook. I haven't had it freeze on me yet. Basically, if you have a Pre or Pre Plus, imagine it doing everything it does (except browsing the web), except in 1/10 the time.

Finally, in case anyone was wondering hat happened to the Pre Plus in the pictures, it had an issue with the antennas that couldn't be resolved. It simply would not get service anywhere, any time.
    Last edited by BluBrett; 04/22/2011 at 03:41 AM.
    The Pre 2 is the bees knees!
    After going from a Pre minus to Franken Pre 2, it's like whoa!!!

I use my Pre 2 way more than I did my Pre minus, especially since I don't have to worry about battery life. I use more apps, listen to music more often, play angry birds longer, I love this phone. It's a shame it didn't really see the light of day, ... sigh.

The Pre 2 is a great phone!
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Fitment? That's a new one.

I think the Pre2 front glass and flat surface make it look 100X better. Hope you continue to enjoy it.

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    Was your Plus overclocked? Because to be honest, as much as I'm enjoying the build quality of the Pre2, I can't honestly say it is performing any better than the Plus. My Plus was stable at 1.1GHz (which is actually faster than my Pre2, which died pitifully at 1.4 and had Luna reports on 1.2, so back to a stock 1GHz for me).

Don't get me wrong, the Pre2's a great device - but it's a small incremental step for me rather than a massive leap forward.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    The Pre 2 is the bees knees!
    After going from a Pre minus to Franken Pre 2, it's like whoa!!!

I use my Pre 2 way more than I did my Pre minus, especially since I don't have to worry about battery life. I use more apps, listen to music more often, play angry birds longer, I love this phone. It's a shame it didn't really see the light of day, ... sigh.

The Pre 2 is a great phone!
    Yes, it's a great phone! But mine doesn't seem to have a better battery life?

Quote Originally Posted by dtreo View Post
    Fitment? That's a new one.

I think the Pre2 front glass and flat surface make it look 100X better. Hope you continue to enjoy it.
    Well, the fitment of my Pre Plus was fine, but as an ex-owner of many iPhones, I can say that sometimes fitment SUCKS from Apple. Raised edges on glass, crooked screens, plastic separating from chrome, etc. Even on a brand new iPhone 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by Loccy View Post
    Was your Plus overclocked? Because to be honest, as much as I'm enjoying the build quality of the Pre2, I can't honestly say it is performing any better than the Plus. My Plus was stable at 1.1GHz (which is actually faster than my Pre2, which died pitifully at 1.4 and had Luna reports on 1.2, so back to a stock 1GHz for me).

Don't get me wrong, the Pre2's a great device - but it's a small incremental step for me rather than a massive leap forward.
    I honestly don't know what overclocking is. My Pre Plus was stock, as is my Pre 2. My Pre 2 is a leap forward in terms of speed compared to a Pre Plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by BluBrett View Post
    Yes, it's a great phone! But mine doesn't seem to have a better battery life?
    I'm not sure why you don't get better battery life. Would you say you are a power user?

From many of the comments throughout the forums, most people state they get better battery life. I certainty get better battery life. With my Pre minus my battery would be dead by the end of the day unless I charged it again throughout the day.

With my Pre 2, I only charge it when I go to sleep. I use it a lot more than I did my Pre minus, and by the end of the day (around midnight) I'm at about 20%.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I'm not sure why you don't get better battery life. Would you say you are a power user?

From many of the comments throughout the forums, most people state they get better battery life. I certainty get better battery life. With my Pre minus my battery would be dead by the end of the day unless I charged it again throughout the day.

With my Pre 2, I only charge it when I go to sleep. I use it a lot more than I did my Pre minus, and by the end of the day (around midnight) I'm at about 20%.
    I actually realized today that my Pre Plus was set at the lowest backlight and my Pre 2 is at 50%. Maybe that's why.
    I actually realized today that my Pre Plus was set at the lowest backlight and my Pre 2 is at 50%. Maybe that's why.
    That could be it. The screen brightness definitely eats at the battery life. I always keep it at the lowest setting.
    I honestly don't know what overclocking is. My Pre Plus was stock, as is my Pre 2. My Pre 2 is a leap forward in terms of speed compared to a Pre Plus.
    Ah, that'd explain it. Basically, overclocking = making your Pre Plus run as fast as a Pre2 does.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    The screen looks higher under the glass quality...
    I have no idea what I attempted to say here.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Bump. Just wanted to update with a few things:

-This phone is for sure more durable than any of my Pre+ were. The screen only has scratches from concrete drops and the slider has ZERO oreo.

-The matte finish scratches very easily, as with most soft-touch phones. As stated before, I have dropped this phone on concrete multiple times, so if you do this often, you may need a case to preserve the finish.

-The matte finish on the actual phone is more durable than the matte finish on the battery cover. My battery is pretty beat up and has a 1/4 inch crack, while the rest of the phone looks relatively nice.

-This phone LOVES to fall on the power key. Every few weeks I have to reposition the piece of paper I put under the power button to bring back the "clickyness"

-My biggest complaint continues to be the battery. Texting seems to MURDER the battery in my situation.
    wow what the heck do you do with your phones? You sound like a phone bully.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    Captain Hook?
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    Yha? lol ive owned my palm pixi for a year and a half and have only dropped it once.