1.    #1  
    The Pre 2 from Verizon is my first webOS phone and I'm really enjoying it very much. I love the synergy feature of being able to see all my email from various accounts.

However, the downside is that because I'm using Exchange, my screen locks after 5 minutes. This is the MAXIMUM time permitted if you are using Exchange on the PRE 2. IMO, this is much too short and you can't disable it.

Does anyone know if there a fix for the Pre 2 with webOS 2.0 that will will give me a longer time before the phone locks before I must enter my PIN. Sometime I want to just a make a simple phone call from my car without having to enter a PIN which is really hard.

We are all adult and I like to be given more control over my device.

Any comments or suggestions, appreciated.
    Ray
    the exchange server "enforces" the behaviour. hp must implement it if they offer eas. but i dont exactly konw bout the timings. on 1.4.5 a pin or password has to be appied every time the screen is switched off.

there is a patch for bypassing that on 1.4.5 but i dont know if there is one on 2.x already. i roled my own on 1.4.5 effectively locking the device if the screen hadnt been switched on for more than one hour.
    That really depends on the server policies been pushed down to the phone. WebOS supports most of the EAS policy pushes avail. Obviously your server is mandating a PIN but is the server also mandating autolock time, which is an available EAS policy. Go into Screen & Lock app, go down to Secure Unlock, and look for "Lock After." If no policy is in play, you can change this setting all the way up to 30mins but if you server does have a policy push then these options could be limited.

Dont hate the phone, nag the company making up the security policy to use EAS. From their side, it's to prevent their data from getting potentailly compromised by competitors.

Preware does have the Bypass PIN patch avail for webOS 2 which circumvents need to input PIN all the time, just not certain if it really works, havent used it in webOS 2 land yet.
    Last edited by addiarmadar; 04/20/2011 at 06:02 PM.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    That really depends on the server policies been pushed down to the phone. WebOS supports most of the EAS policy pushes avail. Obviously your server is mandating a PIN but is the server also mandating autolock time, which is an available EAS policy. Go into Screen & Lock app, go down to Secure Unlock, and look for "Lock After." If no policy is in play, you can change this setting all the way up to 30mins but if you server does have a policy push then these options could be limited.

Dont hate the phone, nag the company making up the security policy to use EAS. From their side, it's to prevent their data from getting potentailly compromised by competitors.

Preware does have the Bypass PIN patch avail for webOS 2 which circumvents need to input PIN all the time, just not certain if it really works, havent used it in webOS 2 land yet.
    Thanks. You probably know this, but where is Preware? Is it this site?
    Am using the patch fine on 2.1. Works like a champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewPreKnox View Post
    to install homebrew apps or patches (or themes, or ...) you have two options (or more you must do the first but can choose to do the second or not).

1) use http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v4-04-a.html to manage your phones guts via your pc

2) once you done that and installed preware you can use that to do all the sweet things without your pc. its like the app catalog only better and "freeer"
    Quote Originally Posted by NewPreKnox View Post
    My apologies for assuming

Since this will be your first run into homebrewing, please check this out on what preware is:

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loccy View Post
    Am using the patch fine on 2.1. Works like a champ.
    To Loccy or anyone,
    Where do you get this patch for webOS 2.0?

I would like to install this on my Pre 2. Thanks.
    not to hijack... But anyone get eas To work with hotmail? Mine won't sync anything despite using the correct settings....