Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Before i buy pre 2, i was thing to stick with my old pre plus, but my upper volume button stopped working and i found myself on hp webpage with my developer coupon
    i can easily say the built quality if much more superior than pre plus, you can feel that the device is much more solid than it's predecessor.
    it's really fast, i feel like i'm using a different os , almost no lag, everything is as smooth as it should be.
    battery life; i think it's improved little bit but i'm not sure because of new cpu or because of the OS itself (or maybe both). with my pre plus mostly i wasn't able to finish a whole day, but now my day is pretty safe without charging it during the day.
    i can say if you are thinking to buy pre 2, you can go for it without any worry. for my opinion it really worth it. you will get a unlocked device around $300(with developer discout) and still staying in web OS land.
    i'm really happy that i didn't buy any other phone, once you use webOS, it's really impossible to switch to another OS
    Last edited by levoresume; 04/26/2011 at 09:51 AM.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Do you notice any difference in signal reception? Voice, data or wifi differences?

Thx.

p.s. prepare yourself for when the Pre3 comes out. that may be hard to stomach when holding a Pre2...

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    get a screen protector...
    Quote Originally Posted by dtreo View Post
    Do you notice any difference in signal reception? Voice, data or wifi differences?

Thx.
    none
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    none
    That better be something they address in Pre3. The difference between a Pre and EVO signal reception is stunning in my use and others I know who switched.
  6.    #6  
    Thx.
    p.s. prepare yourself for when the Pre3 comes out. that may be hard to stomach when holding a Pre2...
    i couldn't realize any difference at all. i get same 3 bars at home.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    get a screen protector...
    i like power support's screen protectors but unfortunately they don't produce for palm. probably i will get one for ipod touch and cut it to fit pre 2 shape
    ...skinomi...
    I heard pre-2 only syns like 3 months of your google calendar. Is that true? Plus I heard voice dialing is almost useless. How is skype?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I heard pre-2 only syns like 3 months of your google calendar. Is that true? Plus I heard voice dialing is almost useless. How is skype?
    i'm using gsm version of pre 2, because of that reason unfortunately there is no skype. skype is built in for verizon version. i'm not using google calender, that's why i can't say whether it's true or not.

@bradenfontaine
    i don't like screen protectors which requires any kind of solution. that's why power support's protectors are simply the best.
    I'm not a fan of soaking my devices either. I hate it. But its the best I've used.
  12.    #12  
    now it's been almost 10 days and my power button stopped working. first i call hp they transferred me to the Palm. i spend 1 hour and 24 min on the phone and ended up with having nothing but to call Hp back. then i called hp, the lady transferred me to palm again without my consciousness and ironically to the same agent who i talked 10 min ago.
    than i called hp again. finally this time i got a replacement within 10 min!
    sometimes i'm thinking if my phone was let's say iphone, i think i wouldn't have this kind of problems. just go to the apple store and get a replacement right away!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by levoresume View Post
    now it's been almost 10 days and my power button stopped working. first i call hp they transferred me to the Palm. i spend 1 hour and 24 min on the phone and ended up with having nothing but to call Hp back. then i called hp, the lady transferred me to palm again without my consciousness and ironically to the same agent who i talked 10 min ago.
    than i called hp again. finally this time i got a replacement within 10 min!
    sometimes i'm thinking if my phone was let's say iphone, i think i wouldn't have this kind of problems. just go to the apple store and get a replacement right away!

Interesting to hear your power button stopped working as I just posted this morning about this same issue with my pre2. Unfortunately I put a sprint comboard into mine so there won't be any replacement coming my way from HP/Palm. I'm interested to know if your power button stopped "clicking" or still "clicked" but didn't activate the screen on/off? My original pre minus had a power button stop working but it was an easy fix and the cause was obvious because the button stopped clicking and almost fell into the housing. This issue seems to be different. Hopefully this isn't another Palm hardware quality issue emerging...
    That better be something they address in Pre3. The difference between a Pre and EVO signal reception is stunning in my use and others I know who switched.
    this is OT, but i wanted to point something out.
    Bars are somewhat useless. If you want to know the efficacy of a particular device radio you need to look at RSSI. You can get this by going to phone app and typing ##debug# (at least for Verizon that is what you type). Scroll down in this list and you will see RSSI.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by adrand View Post
    Interesting to hear your power button stopped working as I just posted this morning about this same issue with my pre2. Unfortunately I put a sprint comboard into mine so there won't be any replacement coming my way from HP/Palm. I'm interested to know if your power button stopped "clicking" or still "clicked" but didn't activate the screen on/off? My original pre minus had a power button stop working but it was an easy fix and the cause was obvious because the button stopped clicking and almost fell into the housing. This issue seems to be different. Hopefully this isn't another Palm hardware quality issue emerging...
    sorry for late reply, i was busy with school yesterday.
    my power button physically is fine, i'm still able to click but the problem is there is no response for my clicking. i can't turn on/off the screen.
    Have you tried using the "Screen Off" app in Preware? It doesn't replace the power button for every purpose but it does help if you have problems - at least you can shut off the screen when you want rather than waiting for the timeout.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    this is OT, but i wanted to point something out.
    Bars are somewhat useless. If you want to know the efficacy of a particular device radio you need to look at RSSI. You can get this by going to phone app and typing ##debug# (at least for Verizon that is what you type). Scroll down in this list and you will see RSSI.
    what RSSI value equates to a "good" signal? I'm showing 5 bars at my house, and ##debug# says -95.

Is that good?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    what RSSI value equates to a "good" signal? I'm showing 5 bars at my house, and ##debug# says -95.

Is that good?
    3 bars here was -95, 5 here was showing -90 or -91. I'm on 1.4.5 btw with a Pre Plus on Verizon.
    so is -95 good? Are big numbers better than little numbers?
    -95 isn't very good.
    The smaller the number the better.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast