Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    HP needs to understand we expect more from our phones....I think the next phone released by HP needs the following features:

Kevlar glass to stop bullets and small artillary rounds.

Titanium housing to create mild shielding from nuclear blasts.

Lead interior lining to stop EMP blasts so my phone will be usable after a nuclear blast or solar flare.

Micro nuclear reactor to ensure at least 1000 years between charges.

I won't buy another device from Palm until they do this....they OWE us....everything they do is such a fraud...if I can't get my way I'll get an iPhone that can withstand cruise missile assaults...who cares that I still can't replace the battery without major surgery!
    Someone posts that their phone dropped a small amount and the glass, advertised to withstand that kind of damage, broke and someone has to bring up being shot by small artillery rounds. Typical.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    ^ lmfao
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Someone posts that their phone dropped a small amount and the glass, advertised to withstand that kind of damage, broke and someone has to bring up being shot by small artillery rounds. Typical.
    My post was directed at the guy who dropped his phone in the tango competition....
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Palm charges a extortionist amount of money for repair if you're in the UK for things that are done for free or cheap in the US. Hell, someone's power button came off and the price to replace it? 130! What a joke.
    I had exactly that from O2 in the UK when my Pre was less than a year old. needless to say I told them (politely but firmly) where to shove it and, lo and behold, they waived the fee.

'Course, now it is 18 months old, contract period is over and the speaker keeps playing up. I'm repairing it myself every few days now just hoping it won't be long before the Pre3 is available, then I can dump O2 and get a decent carrier as well as a new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    on a serious note. I called Palm a few weeks back about doing a warranty claim because my pocket lint scratched my screen, deeply. They told me to bug off. I claimed the screen is supposed to be 'scratch resistant', & they said it was. But I had no way of proving that it legitimently was my pocket lint that caused the scratch.... Which it was... & it did.
    I had to laugh at pocket lint scratching your phone. Thats awful... this one time I was talking on my phone and the wind blew, next thing I know theres a 2 foot gouge in my screen... not a scratch mind you... I could drink out of it!!

Seriously though... when I got my Epic in the mail, I had ordered it new... I took it out of the package and was charging it up... Im pretty sure I looked it over well... I got up to take a leak and when I came back I swear to god there was a scratch on the screen. I have no idea what happened and the phone was literally sitting on a hotel bed with no one else in the room and had only been in my possession for 15 minutes since picking it up from the front desk. I called 6 different times to complain about it, AND sent emails/started chats with Samsung... got nowhere. The last time I called Sprint I was pretty salty with the chick and got kind of rude... she ended the conversation by saying "Maybe it was bad intentions that scratched the screen" and hung up. LOL.... I laughed about that for two hours and then gave up the ghost.
    on a serious note. I called Palm a few weeks back about doing a warranty claim because my pocket lint scratched my screen, deeply. They told me to bug off. I claimed the screen is supposed to be 'scratch resistant', & they said it was. But I had no way of proving that it legitimently was my pocket lint that caused the scratch.... Which it was... & it did.
    HP/Palm CS sucks. When my battery went to battery heaven a year before it was supposed to, they insisted that I continue to use it like that for another week before I could contact them for a replacement.
    Took me over an hour to convince them my battery was really, really defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewanders View Post
    I have no idea what happened and the phone was literally sitting on a hotel bed with no one else in the room and had only been in my possession for 15 minutes since picking it up from the front desk.
    well I don't know about you but I've seen some crazy -$%3 on hotel beds...
    Quote Originally Posted by antijingoist View Post
    HP/Palm CS sucks. When my battery went to battery heaven a year before it was supposed to, they insisted that I continue to use it like that for another week before I could contact them for a replacement.
    Took me over an hour to convince them my battery was really, really defective.
    I haven't had too bad an experience with them... although I did contact them once and was told they were going to call me back. And they did... 3 weeks later... and I had already gotten a bit fed up and used the insurance to switch out my Pre for a refurb.

But have you ever dealt with ASUS customer service? I sent an email to them about the bluetooth module in one of my laptops... a month later I FINALLY get an email back from customer service guy, responding to my 4th email... although his response was absolutely not coherent. Im fairly certain he didnt speak english at even a 3rd grade level. I exchanged a few emails with him, asked more than once for someone who spoke english... and then just said screw it.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    LMAO!!!
    I haven't had too bad an experience with them... although I did contact them once and was told they were going to call me back. And they did... 3 weeks later... and I had already gotten a bit fed up and used the insurance to switch out my Pre for a refurb.

But have you ever dealt with ASUS customer service? I sent an email to them about the bluetooth module in one of my laptops... a month later I FINALLY get an email back from customer service guy, responding to my 4th email... although his response was absolutely not coherent. Im fairly certain he didnt speak english at even a 3rd grade level. I exchanged a few emails with him, asked more than once for someone who spoke english... and then just said screw it.
    hehe... I have. I stopped ordering directly from them and switched to someone else that I could send my rma's through.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Well if you Goog "shattered iPhone 4" you might feel a bit better? It comes down to this...GLASS BREAKS! :shock:

I know, it's amazing right? Now they *could* make it truly unbreakable but would you really want a $3000 phone?
    You can leave the 4 off and still get good results I've had 3 or 4 friends with iPhones and shattered screens.

Come to think of it, I've seen more shattered iPhone screens than any other type of phone combined.
    The stuff on the bed doesn't bother me that much... it is at least explainable. But when I lay down and look at the ceiling... thats when I get disturbed. Those stains on the ceiling are just unnatural...
    The stuff on the bed doesn't bother me that much... it is at least explainable. But when I lay down and look at the ceiling... thats when I get disturbed. Those stains on the ceiling are just unnatural...
    depends who you are
    all joking aside I think its a obvious that we all should be using screen protectors.
    I really despise screen protectors... the reduce the responsiveness of the touch screen, and make the image look cloudy or just downright awful. Unfortunately they are just about the only open you have with a slider phone. I prefer a "bumper" style sleeve... and wish someone could invent some kind that would work with a slider phone. The vast majority of those clam shell protectors are just awful... Ive tried just about every single one Ive come acroos in the wild or seen posted about here on precentral. They were all of them worthless. Ive probably spent more piecemeal on lame protectors trying to find one that would work than I did on the pre itself and all my replacements.
  17.    #37  
    I didn't ask about an artillery-proof phone, I was simply stating that I was disappointed with the gorilla glass.

I have decided to wait for the pre 3 to come out, and hope that it is more durable than the pre 2.

The amount of trolls on here is unbelievable.
    I haven't tried on the pre 2, but on my pre + I had the otterbox along with the Skinomi screen protector. One night I got -$%3faced & in a fit of rage hurled my pre @ my 93 chevy blazer. Hard enough to dent the -$%3 outta the door. The next morning (when I was sober) I went looking for my phone. Low & behold it was still outside (soaked from the morning dew). The otterbox was destroyed, but the pre did not have a scratch. I took the battery out, & let it dry in some rice. After a couple hours (& after puking, multiple times) I took a look @my pre. The screen didn't have a scratch (thanks to skinomi) & neither did my pre (thanks to otterbox). So I firmly believe in cases/screen protectors now. I have the skinomi on my pre 2 & am hoping otterbox has a case for it as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azxdcvg View Post
    I didn't ask about an artillery-proof phone, I was simply stating that I was disappointed with the gorilla glass.

I have decided to wait for the pre 3 to come out, and hope that it is more durable than the pre 2.

The amount of trolls on here is unbelievable.
    I'm sorry. I know how you feel.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    hey... What ticks me off is if you go watch the Gorilla Glass demo videos. Mine is no where near that strong. I've got a post in here about a scratch I got on mine. This glass is NO WHERE NEAR AS DURABLE AS THEY CLAIM!

Look at the demo for what it is...

The piece used in the demo has a bigger surface which allows glass to flex more then the little 3" piece on a pre2. The weight used is also shaped like a ball which again help spread the impact over a bigger section as it hits the glass.

Do the same test with a pre2 sized piece and a weight with a rock shaped (pointed) head and watch what happens.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast