Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I have the Verizon Pre 2. I have noticed that my 3G will randoy stop working. The 3G is visable but, will not light up. I am unable to access the internet. A luna/full restart or turning the phone radio off/on, brings the 3G service back.

Anyone notice the same issues? Perhaps it has something to do with one of my installed patches. Thanks.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I've had that a few times. O toggle in/out of airplane mode and it seems to solve it. No idea why. I doctored over the weekend and when I start adding patches that will be one of the issues I watch for.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I've had that a few times. O toggle in/out of airplane mode and it seems to solve it. No idea why. I doctored over the weekend and when I start adding patches that will be one of the issues I watch for.
    Thank you for your reply. Please let me know what you find. At least I'm not alone here! Thanks again.

I found when I instal any 'device menu' patches, they randomly turn off/on my GAS, WIFE, or 3G. I also have a Verizon Pre 2 running 2.0.1 :/
    Tried *228 yet?
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    I found when I instal any 'device menu' patches, they randomly turn off/on my GAS, WIFE, or 3G. I also have a Verizon Pre 2 running 2.0.1 :/
    I was thinking in this direction. Thank you!

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Tried *228 yet?
    Yes

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I noticed same problem on my pre2 verizon 2.0.1 please post if you figure it out. Also I have had the gps show my position and then not follow on google map.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I noticed that all my patches in Preware were showing a file size of 0. I ran the recovery and patch removal and it failed to fix.

I ran the doctor and reinstall my patches. Knock on wood it appears fix. I believe the patches are the issue. Some how they randomly stop working.

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    I have this exact problem. *228 option 1 will help for a few hours and is quicker than a luna restart. Wish I could get this fixed, it's a real hair puller.

Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3
    Hello my company standardized on the Pre and there are three or four of us that are having the 3G go offline and have to toggle airplane mode to get it going again. We all have preware, but are not convinced preware (or a patch/etc.) are the problem.
    Hate to break it to you but if you're on Verizon then it's probably just them that's the problem. I've had 7... No 8 counting the pre 2 VZW phones in the last two months, an LG Fathom, couple Galaxy S's, 3 Droid 2 globals, and my Pixi ALL OF THEM drop the 3G connection at random. Sometimes I'd have to airplane, others just force stopping (on droids) any 3G apps would do it. I'm convinced it's something Verizon at this point. Just like their new strongarm tactics to cripple Google Maps to make you pay for VZ Navigator. They better hope I like my new pre a lot better than my pixi, because AT&T has the pixi too.