1.    #1  
    Is there a way to reset and wipe clean the Pre 2 without using the screen? Or is there a way to doctor the phone with a smashed, non working screen?
    Last edited by Sanjay; 04/19/2011 at 06:43 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Hold down the option key + Sym key + power key for a few seconds. A prompt will show to hold it down longer for a full erase. If LCD screen is dead, hold it down for a total of 15sec. You will hear an alert sound when it is about to do the full erase in middle there.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Hold down the option key + Sym key + power key for a few seconds. A prompt will show to hold it down longer for a full erase. If LCD screen is dead, hold it down for a total of 15sec. You will hear an alert sound when it is about to do the full erase in middle there.
    Thanks. I followed your instructions and I heard a sound almost as soon as I pressed the three buttons, but I continued to hold them down for 15 seconds, actually more than 15 seconds and then I let go of the buttons. Although, I don't know how to confirm this, but I presume the phone has been reset and erased. I am no longer able to press Option + Sym + U to acces the USB partition on the computer, which I was able to do before the reset/erase. I take this as proof that the phone has been wiped clean.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 04/19/2011 at 07:23 PM.

pure curiosity here. What happened?
  5.    #5  
    The phone fell out of my hands onto the road in a crowd and by the time I found the phone, the screen was smashed. So much for 'gorilla' glass. I have no idea what actually crushed the phone. Just get the feeling that the Pre + would have fared much better than the Pre 2 with Gorilla glass. The phone itself is still working fine. I can still receive calls and I also receive sound and blinking light notifications for emails and text messages.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Well in a crowd and with that type of damage I am almost certain it was stepped on a few times. The damage appears to be in the middle, consistent with being stepped on. I know I've dropped mine several times with no issues like that.

Gorilla glass or even kevlar may not survive being treated as a floor mat.
    You could also have logged into your account on the Palm website and performed a remote-wipe of the device.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    You could also have logged into your account on the Palm website and performed a remote-wipe of the device.
    Thanks. But I wish you had posted earlier.