Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Just got my Pre 2, installed Developer Mode, and tried to hook up with Quick Install and I keep receiving a rejection message.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    What OS version are you running on the device? Do you have correct Doctor version in the folder with WOSQI?
    And what version of Windows are you using? 32-bit or 64-bit.

Most issues getting WOSQI to see the phone are caused by either needing to restart/reinstall novacom drivers, plugging in the phone before it has been completely restarted (in phones running webOS 1.4.x) or in using 64-bit windows. I don't know why Win-64 has issues...

Check here for a handy utility to install the correct novacom drivers... It might solve everything for you at once:
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...i-v1-11-a.html
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Thanks. What you suggested worked. How do I install Web OS Doctor?
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    webOS Doctor isn't installed, it's a Java application that you run while your device is connected. Just follow the onscreen prompts and your device will be back to new in no time.
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    If the file has a .jar extension you should be able to just double-click to launch it. If it isn't .jar, change it. Are you using a reasonably modern version of Windows that knows what to do with a .jar file?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    You need to update quickinstall and novacom drivers. Preware as well.