Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Any others having this atm? Try to change the order of your quick actions, especially 3rd-party apps, and see if going back saved you changes. I dont need TS but just wondering if others are seeing this too, Im going crazy finding the root cause of this for every time I get close all the sudden the changes take.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I noticed this today when trying to put DanPLC's Quick Post at the top of my Quick Action list... it just won't seem to keep the change. :\
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I noticed this today when trying to put DanPLC's Quick Post at the top of my Quick Action list... it just won't seem to keep the change. :\
    Yep same thing for me, just picked up that app and all the sudden this bug happens again! I know it has nothing to with the app but Just Type preferences not writing the changes somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Any others having this atm? Try to change the order of your quick actions, especially 3rd-party apps, and see if going back saved you changes. I dont need TS but just wondering if others are seeing this too, Im going crazy finding the root cause of this for every time I get close all the sudden the changes take.
    I have this issue too. I change the order of quick actions and launch & search but once I do a reset, the settings go back to default. It sucks, because I use the Preset Reset app which resets my phone every night, so I don't even bother re-ordering it anymore.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    same here. I don't even re-order anymore because it won't stick
    Yeah. Sucks. Adds an extra tap and scroll to lots of launch&searches that I do and "forced" me to narrow down my quick actions to the four that I want most. --> Quick Post just kicked facebook off the list. Take that HP! Heh.

It'll be nice to get a phone that this works correctly on...
    facebook won't stick, period. So updating my facebook status via just type will not work. Also, youtube will not show up in the list... Fudge.
    I'm starting to think HP is actually auto-sorting the list by company (putting HP apps at the top). I just tried an experiment. I added "New Memo" and it went to the top of the list. I then added Music Player (Remix)'s "Load Playlist" and it went below "New Memo" and "New Message", but above "Quick Post" (which was already on the list). It seems like it sorts everything alphabetically, except it puts the HP apps at the top.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm starting to think HP is actually auto-sorting the list by company (putting HP apps at the top). I just tried an experiment. I added "New Memo" and it went to the top of the list. I then added Music Player (Remix)'s "Load Playlist" and it went below "New Memo" and "New Message", but above "Quick Post" (which was already on the list). It seems like it sorts everything alphabetically, except it puts the HP apps at the top.
    If you go to preferences, you can rearrange them in whatever order you like. For me, the changes stay until I restart my phone. After a restart it goes back to the default order.

10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    MY Verizon Pre2 using 2.0.1 does exactly this but My GSM pre2 seems to do whatever it wants to but mostly keeps the 3rd-party apps at the bottom. It's easy to see there is a problem but pain in the seatcushion to find the cause. Did you add the shortcut keys to the app Quick Post cause of this???

Any others having this atm?
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    If you go to preferences, you can rearrange them in whatever order you like. For me, the changes stay until I restart my phone. After a restart it goes back to the default order.

On my device, the changes (when trying to sort 3rd party app quick actions) don't stay. They immediately revert back to the original order.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

MY Verizon Pre2 using 2.0.1 does exactly this but My GSM pre2 seems to do whatever it wants to but mostly keeps the 3rd-party apps at the bottom. It's easy to see there is a problem but pain in the seatcushion to find the cause. Did you add the shortcut keys to the app Quick Post cause of this???
    The shortcut keys weren't inspired by this. I just wanted a way for people to quickly send messages to different accounts without having to open the app and select destination accounts.

Same here. If you tap "more" I see the changes more often then in the main scene.
    Has anyone found a fix for this issue?
    they stick if I don't reorder too many in one go
    hi there, just to add some information... in my unlocked gsm pre2 with 2.1.0 (no updates) the just type preferences used to stick perfectly after resets, everything was great until I installed HP maps. I installed it in order to use some enyo apps like theme manager or widgets, that was the origin of my problems with just type. Before I just had IMDb and Youtube but now everytime I reset my Pre2 I get IMDb, Youtube and HP maps, Wikipedia, Tweeter and so on...
    I am pretty sure HP maps is the problem because I just doctored my device last weekend and before HP maps Just type was great again... Theme Manager is a must for me so... problems in Just Type started again, jeje
    oh i have still the same prob with 2.2.4.
    Quite annoying, will add it to whishlist.
    also was posted here:

Just Type Preferences not sticking/buggy - Support Community - Just Type Preferences not sticking/buggy - Support Community

I was about to ask GuyFromNam who recently made patch to move quick actions up in front of Launch&Search, if he could help with this issue. But i had to find out he was banned from this forum, but no admin explained why so far.

So no help from this side for now.
    Until last week i had this issue sometimes when my battery went empty and the device rebooted, but i could rearrange all items (and replace my standard searchengine with one that still does the suggest) and if i did a controlled reboot after rearranging all was "saved" somehow and it would stay that order also after later reboots.

Now since some days i have a problem that even after minutes of my rearranging all items and the Standard search engine in Just Type revert back to palm standard. I had a problem last weeks where i had to remove battery even when the screen still showed "do not remove battery" for some minutes. Perhaps it corrupted some files.

Does anyone know were the standard order of Just Type search items is stored and could be modified there, or where a rearranged order is stored in the filesystem/db? Some hint is enough, i can do linux/db modifying by myself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast