Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So i have a Sprint Franken Pre 2 running 2.1. I'm running into an issue where my phone will stop receiving text randoomly. Like last night i was waiting for my date to text me when she was heading out and never got a response. Then i rebooted my phone an viola i had two texts from her. They came in with the correct timestamps so i could see they were sent like 30 min ealier. This will happen every once in a while. It will randomly stop receiving texts but a phone restart will bring the texts that were waiting in. Anyone have any ideas ?
    I get this on the original Pre (O2UK) sometimes. Having said that, I've not had it in a fair while though. Callers also sometimes get directed to my voicemail without ringing on the phone even when the pre displays it's got signal!
    I find that sometimes I'll get the texts after I send one, and If I'm expecting a call I will just call Voicemail to see if it connects. It usually won't allow me to make a call if it's not letting people call me. Weird! Like i say though, I've not had that issue for quite some time now!
    I have a similar issue, the phone vibrates when I get a text, but there's no notification or dashboard. Kind of annoying, but I just have to leave the messaging app open all the time.

Going to try and remove some patches and see if that does anything...
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue with my text, I randomly stop receiving text messages. I can still send and people still receive my texts. What's weird is if I clear the conversation and start another one it just clocks, i.e. I see the big spinning wheel in the middle of the screen and it will never open another conversation, although the message does send and the other person receives it.
    If I reboot the phone my texts magically appear with the correct timestamps and threaded correctly. Seems like the messages are received it just never shows them to me. I suspect it's a bug in 2.1 because I've never seen it before on 2.0.1 etc.
    Also I'm running stock 2.1 on Rogers Pre 2. Have tried full erase, webOS doctor, sms works fine with sim in another phone. I don't know what else to try.
  5.    #5  
    I'm bumping this to see if we can get someone to look into it.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    There is another thread about this as well which I just replied to. I would recommend rebooting your phone every day with a scheduler. If you have this problem multiple times in one day after a reboot that won't help much.

How often does this happen?
  7.    #7  
    Its completely random and happens a few times a day. One reboot a day wont help fix the problem. The problem is the Messaging app stops showing the incoming messages. This true for both texts and IM accounts (facebook chat). After a reboot the text are there, with the correct timestamps of when they came in. The issue is i never know if someone just hasnt responded or the phone is being dumb lol. Caused an issue once on a date, thought she hadnt responded, turns out she had and was sitting at the restaurant for a while before i realized my phone just didnt tell me i had a message.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Just ran into this issue myself on my day old FrankenPre2. My girlfriend sent 6 texts, I didn't get any until a reboot a few hours too late. When I got home and saw her she said she was worried sick. I asked why she didn't just call. No response.

Lol.

Anyway, now I'm going to feel like a forever alone, constantly rebooting my phone to see if I have any new messages. Don't ever remember seeing this error with WebOS2.1 on my old Pre minus.

On the plus side this phone reboots so freakin fast it isn't *as* big of a deal.
    Guys which Pre 2 did you convert. Verizon, Gsm unlocked etc. There may be a connection based on which model was used in the connection. I assume you all are using 2.1.0 not 2.0.1. Also what region are you in, east coast, west coast, south etc?
    I have this problem occasionally. I converted a Verizon Pre2. I'm on the east coast. I'm using 2.1.0.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    I have this problem occasionally. I converted a Verizon Pre2. I'm on the east coast. I'm using 2.1.0.
    did you swap the back plate/bezel/antenna also or just the comms board.
    I actually started a thread about this before and surprised no one has said anything more about it until now.

I've had this problem for a while now. It happens randomly, I can't time it to anything. It's just random and I test my phone by sending a text from google voice to my phone and if I don't get anything then I know I need a restart.

I'm on Sprint (obviously) and I'm in Indiana. I used the GSM Dev Pre 2.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    did you swap the back plate/bezel/antenna also or just the comms board.
    Just the comms board. But I'm not sure that matters. The antenna on the back verizon and sprint phone are the same. It'd be different if it were a GSM pre.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    I'm not sure if this will help, but I am having this problem with my unlocked Pre2 on AT&T. It's random, very hard to pinpoint. I do have preset rebooting my phone every night.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdgoeson4ever View Post
    I'm not sure if this will help, but I am having this problem with my unlocked Pre2 on AT&T. It's random, very hard to pinpoint. I do have preset rebooting my phone every night.
    Do you have this problem every day? On a consistent basis?
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Guys which Pre 2 did you convert. Verizon, Gsm unlocked etc. There may be a connection based on which model was used in the connection. I assume you all are using 2.1.0 not 2.0.1. Also what region are you in, east coast, west coast, south etc?
    GSM unlocked, 2.1.0, San Diego, comm board and whatever the large ring that fits around the edge of the phone is called were brought over from my Pre minus.

Doesn't seem to be any pattern, especially people with non FrankenPre2s are getting it. Hoping it's a 2.1.0 bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by cfbauer View Post
    GSM unlocked, 2.1.0, San Diego, comm board and whatever the large ring that fits around the edge of the phone is called were brought over from my Pre minus.

Doesn't seem to be any pattern, especially people with non FrankenPre2s are getting it. Hoping it's a 2.1.0 bug.
    Oh I didn't see anything about non Franken Pre2 owners having the same problem. In that case maybe it is just a 2.1.0 bug (i hope)
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Oh I didn't see anything about non Franken Pre2 owners having the same problem. In that case maybe it is just a 2.1.0 bug (i hope)
    Jennyell above is saying they have the issue.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2943845
    Add two more sprintified pre2s to this list. Both mine and my wife's phone have this bug. Both are running 2.1 and swapped from GSM pre2s.

I found that only a full reboot fixes it. A luna restart does not get the missing messages.
    I just had this happen on my Sprintified GSM Pre 2 running 2.1 in Los Angeles. A reboot caused all of the texts to show up.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast