1.    #1  
    I purchased an verizon palm pre 2 and it should be here early part of next week. i'm looking for webOS 2.0 starters advice. any good noob advice?
    Go download WebOS Quick Install and research how to install Preware (it's VERY easy to install). Most patches can be very useful!

Congratulations on owning a Pre 2!
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...welcomeDOThtml
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-themesDOThtml
    Welcome aboard, these are good starter threads

Ah that figures....the links are broken. Go to the Palm Pre Tips, Information and Resources thread and find the one that's titled "Getting Started: Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes " as well as this one:"Palm Pre Faq: A Newbie Guide to Your WebOS Device!!! "

This here:"http://www.google.com/advanced_searc...ecentralDOTnet" is a good search engine for this site. Copy the link and at the end where I switched "." for "DOT".....erase DOT and put the . back in...it will help you find things easier that the search button that's built into the page. Have fun.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  4.    #4  
    what is preware?
    It's how you mod your phone with custom themes, tweaks, beta apps all sorts of fun If you go to the first thread title I gave you, it tells you all about it. There's a TON of information in there, but spend 10-15 minutes reading that thread, and you'll see.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  6.    #6  
    thanks appreciate the starters.
    Also, just as a heads-up, if you are going to be changing themes quite a lot, remove the old custom theme before you install a new one or else you cannot have the original theme back unless you use webOS doctor. (I accidentally did that once )
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Quote Originally Posted by marclh1992 View Post
    Also, just as a heads-up, if you are going to be changing themes quite a lot, remove the old custom theme before you install a new one or else you cannot have the original theme back unless you use webOS doctor. (I accidentally did that once )
    What he ^ said....I did it once too on my first Pre and had some messed up icons as a result. ALWAYS, always, always, remove old themes before applying new ones. Follow that golden rule and you should be ok
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gyroslice View Post
    I purchased an verizon palm pre 2 and it should be here early part of next week. i'm looking for webOS 2.0 starters advice. any good noob advice?
    Me gets one delivered tomorrow.