1.    #1  
    After unlocking the screen on my Pre2 it comes on dimmed before coming on fully. During this dimmed time (anywhere between 1 - 5 seconds) the screen is unresponsive. This happens whenever the screen comes back on i.e. when taking phone away from ear during a call. This can be quite annoying when trying to hang up a call or use the keypad during a call. Is this 'dimming' supposed to happen and how can i stop it?!!?
    Quote Originally Posted by duncanjameshill View Post
    After unlocking the screen on my Pre2 it comes on dimmed before coming on fully. During this dimmed time (anywhere between 1 - 5 seconds) the screen is unresponsive. This happens whenever the screen comes back on i.e. when taking phone away from ear during a call. This can be quite annoying when trying to hang up a call or use the keypad during a call. Is this 'dimming' supposed to happen and how can i stop it?!!?
    Same thing started happening to my wife's pre. I believe it's a proximity sensor issue. She ended up having her phone replaced because she couldn't hang up her calls. Everytime she would pull the phone away from her ear while the phone app was open the screen would go dark and become unresponsive. Sorry I don't have a better suggestion, but probably a trip to repair. Sucks, I know.
  3.    #3  
    That does suck. i have just had the phone replaced due to the oreo effect (3 week old Pre2) and had a bit of an argument with the supplier! Although that phone had the same problem with the dimming. Was I just unlucky enough to have 2 Pre2's with the same problem? Do you if I would have to go back through the supplier again or send it to HP for repair?
    It is a software issue in the OS.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  5.    #5  
    Does that mean it can be cured with a Doctor?
    no...it's a 2.xx issue afaikafaikafaik. $Didn$'$t$ $happen$ $for$ $me$ $on$ $1$.$4$.$5$
    Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    no...it's a 2.xx issue afaikafaikafaik. $Didn$'$t$ $happen$ $for$ $me$ $on$ $1$.$4$.$5$
    I agree, I couldn't remember if it ever happened to me on my Pre - almost half a year ago when I had it but I'm pretty sure it is a 2.0 issue.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duncanjameshill View Post
    Same here on VZ Pre 2, very annoying.