1.    #1  
    I have read posts about pre2 activation, geo-location dependencies etc.

Very usuful stuff, I wish I read it before I decided to bay US pre2 for my UK 02 SIM...

So, I already know I made mistake buying unlocked pre2 activated in US to be used in UK.

I am trying to find out how I can work around to use US App catalogue in UK.

I called Palm support and there is no "official" way. They advised me to return device (which i am not able) and to check next time. Good advice

I was wondering if there is any method / patch etc that will allow me to add US credit card to my profile, so I can pretend I am in US and buy what ever is available in US store?

Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by zagor View Post
    I have read posts about pre2 activation, geo-location dependencies etc.

Very usuful stuff, I wish I read it before I decided to bay US pre2 for my UK 02 SIM...

So, I already know I made mistake buying unlocked pre2 activated in US to be used in UK.

I am trying to find out how I can work around to use US App catalogue in UK.

I called Palm support and there is no "official" way. They advised me to return device (which i am not able) and to check next time. Good advice

I was wondering if there is any method / patch etc that will allow me to add US credit card to my profile, so I can pretend I am in US and buy what ever is available in US store?

Thanks in advance
    If it was activated in the US, it will expect an US card.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  3.    #3  
    Sorry if I was not clear.
    * Originally I used profile-1 on my Pre- on O2 contract.
    * I bought Pre2 and used the same profile-1 (everything fine so far)
    * But when I try to buy application it says "The item could not be purchased. Try again later. PMT03022"
    * When I try to edit my credit card detail it says: "App Catalog could not complete the last action you performed. Try again later. PMT03022"

Following Palm CS support I created additional profile-2, but I cannot buy too.
    When I am trying to add credit card to profile-2 it times out.

So my question is:
    * how I can edit card in my profile-1?
    * how/if I can add US card to my profile-2?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zagor View Post
    Sorry if I was not clear.
    * Originally I used profile-1 on my Pre- on O2 contract.
    * I bought Pre2 and used the same profile-1 (everything fine so far)
    * But when I try to buy application it says "The item could not be purchased. Try again later. PMT03022"
    * When I try to edit my credit card detail it says: "App Catalog could not complete the last action you performed. Try again later. PMT03022"

Following Palm CS support I created additional profile-2, but I cannot buy too.
    When I am trying to add credit card to profile-2 it times out.

So my question is:
    * how I can edit card in my profile-1?
    * how/if I can add US card to my profile-2?

thanks
    Is this just for today or it has been happening for several days? I think there were some app catalog issues in Europe

Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Is this just for today or it has been happening for several days? I think there were some app catalog issues in Europe

It's been since I bought it, more than 1 week now.

Should this be possible at all to change your credit card info?
    I did something similar. Have a pre - from Germany activated in Germany. I then got a Pre2 and activated it in the US. I was getting the same error as you. What I did was I deleted my german credit card from my profile. Then I was able to add a US credit card.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    ..............................and get a simon.com gift card.........
    So I have seen this "suggestion" a lot in the forums, but what are the actual mechanics of this?

When you go to the Simon Malls site, there are lots of card choices, does it matter if you get amex or visa?

Whose name and address do you put on the card?

Say you have a friend in the USA, is it best to treat it as a gift from them, ie: put their address in as the gift giver, and your address in as the card holder.

Does it matter if these two address' are the same?

Sorry for such level of detail, but I am keen to get a card so that I an buy apps. (I have a USA activated Pre2)

I assuming I would have to send money to my friend via TT or paypal, there is no way to top up the card from O/S is this correct?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    So I have seen this "suggestion" a lot in the forums, but what are the actual mechanics of this?

When you go to the Simon Malls site, there are lots of card choices, does it matter if you get amex or visa?

Whose name and address do you put on the card?

Say you have a friend in the USA, is it best to treat it as a gift from them, ie: put their address in as the gift giver, and your address in as the card holder.

Does it matter if these two address' are the same?

Sorry for such level of detail, but I am keen to get a card so that I an buy apps. (I have a USA activated Pre2)

I assuming I would have to send money to my friend via TT or paypal, there is no way to top up the card from O/S is this correct?
    I would like to echo this questions. I am in UK and in exactly the same situation.

Thanks in advance for any tips.
    I have also a problem, my Pre 2, activated UK, with paid access to the app catalog, suddenly refused to buy apps, and i cannot register my CC anymore. While registering a new CC can only choose billing country USA, Mexico, and Canada. The App catalog also shows app prices in $ instead of UKP while my profile is clearly created on the O2 network in the UK. I was able to buy apps in the past. I discovered the problem buying Carbon. Palm refused ANY support since i live in a non-supported country. I am getting sick over the GEO-restrictions in the App catalog, and now the trouble with CC. Re-doctoring the device did not solve the problem, unfortunately.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    yeah, same here. own a euro pre 2 activated in the UK and after the app catalog update there is no option to enter a euro cc only US, Canada, etc.
    Wish they would add support for paypal payments...