1.    #1  
    I'm looking to test the webOS waters. has anyone upgraded from a pre plus to pre 2 and seen a significant difference (1.4.5 and 2.0 differences aside). Things like battery life, lag, etc?
    battery life is much improved because of the work done under the hood on webOS and how it handles processes. The processor is very much improved at 1ghz. Build quality is MUCH better: soft touch rubberized all around, flat glass screen, no more finicky usb door. Better keyboard. Anybody know of anything I missed?
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    All I need to know is that this shiznit is like 5 times better than my Pre Plus.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
  4.    #4  
    is it worth the extra money? i'm looking to get a verizon pre off contract. the plus can be found for 100ish while the pre 2 is 350ish. is it more than 3x better?
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I said 5x better.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
  6.    #6  
    do you guys know of any good secondary places to pick one (aside form craigslist and ebay). i'm a noob and can't post that I WTB in the marketplace until i get 50 posts. any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gyroslice View Post
    do you guys know of any good secondary places to pick one (aside form craigslist and ebay). i'm a noob and can't post that I WTB in the marketplace until i get 50 posts. any suggestions?
    check the marketplace and see if anyone is selling.
    samsung i730 - blackberry storm- palm pre plus - samsung omnia - palm pre plus - palm pre 2 - ????

i refuse to buy anything apple with there asinine standards, especially when theres a perfectly good standard that everybody else is using. bah.
    I don't see how everyone is going so gung-ho over the Pre 2. Sure, it looks like a fantastic phone, but it's so expensive to plop down the cash for one when you can get such a similar experience with a Pre+ or a plussed Pre-. I just don't see how someone can think it's worth it that much when the Veer and Pre3 are right around the corner. And if they plan on keeping their Pre2, they're gonna be mighty jealous once that high res Pre3 comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by MekkelRichards View Post
    ... And if they plan on keeping their Pre2, they're gonna be mighty jealous once that high res Pre3 comes out.
    Not likely for me. The Pre3 would feel like Maxwell Smart's shoe phone it's so damn bulky looking
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    battery life is much improved because of the work done under the hood on webOS and how it handles processes. The processor is very much improved at 1ghz. Build quality is MUCH better: soft touch rubberized all around, flat glass screen, no more finicky usb door. Better keyboard. Anybody know of anything I missed?
    Ambient light sensor and official support for webos 2 and beyond
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    That's true, the Pre2 will have staying power because it will support future versions of webOS. Anything before the Pre2 will not. That right there is reason enough to get the Pre2 over the Pre or Pre Plus.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    After they abandoned the original pre -/+ devices short of what they had promised before, not sure I can trust HP to not abandon the 2 at some point while the veer & pre 3 continue. It will officially support webOS further than the plus. That is about all you can say. But if you're willing you can get that to work on a pre plus as well, and you can even up the processor to run around that level as well.

Yes, it is a better phone, but I don't think it is that much better. It doesn't transform the experience. If it was pre - to pre 2, sure, the memory alone and avoiding the too many cards would be reason enough. But from pre+ to pre2? I'm not sure I could justify a $250 difference.

If at all possible, wait until the Veer and Pre 3 come out. Even if those aren't the devices you want I'll wager the price of both the pre+ and pre2 will come down considerably, and you could also find many people looking to unload them so they can move up.
  13.    #13  
    the market seems to have plenty of GSM unlocked but few verizon pre 2s.
    Yes, the GSM Pre2 has been out since October of last year so there are a lot more of them. The CDMA version was just released a month or so ago so there are much fewer of them. Verizon and HP have done zero advertising for the Pre2 as well. I'm going to be getting a Pre2 as well as the Pre3 and have them both. The Pre2 for a compact, party phone and the Pre3 for daily use. The Pre2 is still up there with some of the best hardware you can buy today.