Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 141
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    Official Pre2 Bug List

    Something I've always appreciated about the 'good-'ol treo days was Stickies such as FAQ's and Official Bug lists.

    Following Senior Member scottymomo's lead, this thread will be the Official Pre2 Bug List.

    We have a few threads floating around with some possible bugs or issues, but in order for a 'Bug' to be considered an 'Official Bug' it needs to be experienced by more than just a few members.

    Again, these should primarily be actual bugs/issues with the Pre2 itself and not personal issues unique to just a few Pre2 users.

    In my personally experience I didn't have what few issues others have posted.
    My experience felt similar to:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ifference.html
    But that doesn't mean others aren't having those issues.

    I'll edit my original post as Official Bugs are confirmed by more than just a couple experiences.

    Thanks,
    Berd


    Noted:
    Quote Originally Posted by marclh1992 View Post
    2.1 SMS send/recieve delay. Phone becomes unresponsive while sending and receiving SMS for a short period of time (2-5 seconds).

    Quote Originally Posted by kjamc1982 View Post
    Media Indexing Bug for Third party Music Players. Luna Restarts dealing with calendar syncing(maybe)

    Confirmed:















    .
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 04/12/2011 at 06:43 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
  2. #2  
    2.1 SMS send/recieve delay. Phone becomes unresponsive while sending and receiving SMS for a short period of time (2-5 seconds).
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  3. kjamc1982's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #3  
    Media Indexing Bug for Third party Music Players. Luna Restarts dealing with calendar syncing(maybe)
  4. #4  
    I finally found a great syncing solution using MediaMonkey (free version). Flawless. Highly recommend, but take the time to go through the short learning curve. I removed Media Sync. Gave up on a host of other approaches.
  5. #5  
    Pre 2 won't open email attachments. (Quickoffice doesn't work)
    Pre 2 incompatible with Trapster app. It won't allow you to log on or report a speed trap. Also Trapster app doesn't show up on "app list" so you could delete and attempt a reload. The app works but has no audio warnings. Used to work fine with Pre Plus. Trapster sez it knows about Web OS 2.0 problems.
    Last edited by Ssoap; 04/14/2011 at 08:19 PM. Reason: left out something
  6. i2y4n's Avatar
    Posts
    278 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #6  
    The voice dial icon is always placed on the end of the first launcher page upon startup. It is a know issue due to how the "app" is not actually an app.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssoap View Post
    Pre 2 won't open email attachments. (Quickoffice doesn't work)
    Pre 2 incompatible with Trapster app. It won't allow you to log on or report a speed trap. Also Trapster app doesn't show up on "app list" so you could delete and attempt a reload. The app works but has no audio warnings. Used to work fine with Pre Plus. Trapster sez it knows about Web OS 2.0 problems.
    Odd.. Both those issues aren't reported with my Pre 2. They work just fine.
  8. #8  
    Well I have absolutely had it with this crappy Web OS2 BS. Verizon has found and is shipping me another Palm Pre Plus. It worked just fine with none of the never ending problems associated with the Web OS 2 Pre 2 I currently have. I had to threaten them with just plain quitting and going to another carrier and refusing to pay any penalties. I am paying for "data Service" that doesn't work. All of the sudden they claim that verizon doesn't even sell the Pre 2 because of the known OS problems.

    I would also like to say that this Pre 2 forum is VERY BIASED and I suspect it is is strongly influenced by Palm and HP. I have never gotten a straight answer and am always made to feel that I'm alone with my complaints.

    I'll wait till the Pre 3 arrives and I should be eligible for a free phone by then and maybe the Web OS 2 will be fixed! I have too many accessories to go to the Iphone or Droid now!
  9. #9  
    These do not appear to be on the list yet:

    http://forums.precentral.net/general...ghlight=memory

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ghlight=camera

    It's a little odd trying to determine if the Pre2 or webOS 2.x is responsible for the one's that you have listed in the first post. If there is a 2.x bug list that is "official" that might be better for these - they seem to be in 2.1 and perhaps 2.0.1 as well without respect to which device is in use.
  10. #10  
    Well I will post the results after I get the replacement Pre Plus and reload my profile. If it works properly then it will be a Pre 2 problem. I don't think I will be able to load the Web OS2 on the Pre Plus. But if I can I will and post those results also.
    Last edited by Ssoap; 04/15/2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: spelling
  11. i2y4n's Avatar
    Posts
    278 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #11  
    The clock stops keeping time when the display turns off and the device is not connected to a cellular network.
  12. kjamc1982's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #12  
    I also had an experience with the time not being right. It has happen to me twice.
  13. #13  
    Can I ***** about my phone in here?

    1. Facebook app doesn't load over 3G
    2. Battery life is horrible
    3. My Touchstone makes the changing prompt flash repetitively like I am unplugging and plugging in the cord no matter how the phone and touchstone are making contact.
    4. Voice Dialer loads when I plug in headphones and I can't figure out how I did it, then that mutes my alerts and disables my vibration
    5. If I get a call while I have headphones plugged in after the call is over and the headphones are removed the phone still thinks theres a headphone jack plugged in and keeps "playing" music
    6. My clock freezes

    It feels like my phone is in beta stage or was rushed out of testing to reach a market to crap out on its customers.
  14. i2y4n's Avatar
    Posts
    278 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    Can I ***** about my phone in here?

    1. Facebook app doesn't load over 3G
    2. Battery life is horrible
    3. My Touchstone makes the changing prompt flash repetitively like I am unplugging and plugging in the cord no matter how the phone and touchstone are making contact.
    4. Voice Dialer loads when I plug in headphones and I can't figure out how I did it, then that mutes my alerts and disables my vibration
    5. If I get a call while I have headphones plugged in after the call is over and the headphones are removed the phone still thinks theres a headphone jack plugged in and keeps "playing" music
    6. My clock freezes

    It feels like my phone is in beta stage or was rushed out of testing to reach a market to crap out on its customers.
    1. Facebook app doesn't load if the time isn't correct, so make sure the current time is displaying when you try to refresh.

    3. The touchstone issue is not a software problem. The problem is with the connection. Try taking the back cover off the phone and cleaning the two little gold colored prongs.

    4. Holding down a volume button starts the voice dialer. Try using a different pair of headphones to see if the headphones are the problem.
  15. #15  
    No way to permanently disable that prompt or remove the app drives me insane.

    Also when my battery dies it takes 15 minutes to boot back up.
    InfinitePre likes this.
  16. #16  
    Are just JUNK. They should have never been released. It's a shame considering the market they are trying to capture. Big business has small minds!
    InfinitePre likes this.
  17. #17  
    Just before my previous post my Pre 2 locked up again and I realized it had not been receiving email since early this morning. I have been getting emails on my PC's all morning. I shut down the Pre 2 (power down/swap battery) selection and then restarted. Well all the mail came in but also all my graphics now are different. larger, look cartoon like. What a POS!!!

    I can hardly wait till my replacement Pre Plus gets here tomorrow. Hopefully it will work like the one I dropped to start all this BS!

    Poor Palm and HP. Hope they can pull it together.
  18. #18  
    Well the replacement Palm Pre Plus came today. It took about an hour but everything is back to normal. I can now do everything that it is suppose to do. Email and attachments are just fine.Tapster runs fine. My free "Hotspot" is back! GPS works every time I start it. Tr WebOS 1.4.5 works just fine. I am going to wait a little while and let some of the hair grow back on my head before I attempt to load up WebOS 2.0.1 that was on that nasty Pre 2. Being a heart patient feel much better now.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssoap View Post
    Well the replacement Palm Pre Plus came today. It took about an hour but everything is back to normal. I can now do everything that it is suppose to do. Email and attachments are just fine.Tapster runs fine. My free "Hotspot" is back! GPS works every time I start it. Tr WebOS 1.4.5 works just fine. I am going to wait a little while and let some of the hair grow back on my head before I attempt to load up WebOS 2.0.1 that was on that nasty Pre 2. Being a heart patient feel much better now.
    2.1 for Pre Plus is the norm - I wouldn't tinker too much with 2.0.1 on the Pre2. Also the few Pre2 users I know did not have the level of problems you did. Weird.
  20. #20  
    I read somewhere online last night that POP3 email is (was) the problem with the 2.0.1 Pre2 I had. But the other problems aren't so easy to explain.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions