Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Whenever my pre2 is on the touchstone, the alarm will only play the default notification tone regardless of what I set it to. Also, my ringtone randomly won't play either (I get default notification tone for that as well whenever it won't work).

I also have the slow SMS issue. It gets slower as the conversation gets longer.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    First, the thing that I notice: GMail doesn't sync deletes. I have my gmail account set to get messages Manually. Almost 100% of the time, after I receive e-mails, I'll do another sync and they won't get deleted on the server. Frustrating.

Now, to confirmations:

Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post
    The voice dial icon is always placed on the end of the first launcher page upon startup. It is a know issue due to how the "app" is not actually an app.
    Oh man this drives me bonkers. I'm way too organized about my apps, but I really, really wish there were a fix for this.

Quote Originally Posted by joelrhodes View Post
    2. Occasionally typing does not register (regardless of which app) until the app is minimised and re-opened
    I've run into this one quite a bit, too. The way I deal with it is to swipe up (to get the cards list) and then re-select the card I was using. It's like the card came to the front before the OS gave it permission to use the keyboard or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    2. On touchstone, when the phone reaches 100%, it constantly toggles the charging on and off. I thought this was a touchstone problem, but it has happened on 3 different touchstones that all worked fine on my pre+. This has been driving me crazy as I can't get the screen to stay off at night. Any suggestions would be appreciated. If I fix the orientation of the phone on the touchstone, it will be fine for about 5 minutes, and then the problem will start again.
    I run into this or something similar as well. When my VZW Pre 2 2.1.0 is on the touchstone, it ALWAYS wants to have Exhibition mode on. I hit the Power button to turn the screen off, but an undetermined amount of time later it just wakes back up, even if I have no notifications of any kind. Sometimes it stays off, but that's rare.

My fix is to use the little leather pouch that came with my original Pre+ to cover the screen, heh. Low-tech and not ideal as the cats sometimes knock it off, but it usually works more often than it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post
    Stuck in headset mode. (has it happened to anyone else on a Pre 2)
    Yep, mine's gotten stuck in headset mode a few times. I usually don't realize it until I try to make a call and notice that the proximity sensor isn't functioning. I use the trick of playing music with the headset in, then unplugging/replugging them until the music stops on an unplug. This re-sets it. My theory: Dust/gunk/etc. causes the contacts to not detect the headphone removal... or the OS doesn't pick up on it for some reason. I guess my feeling is that it's more mechanical than in the OS.

Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    - Sometimes when trying to switch between apps, the card stays full size while going to card view. This happens most when trying to quickly switch between apps. Heres a screenshot Click to view quoted image
    Confirmed. I've seen this a few times. Not a hassle, just a bug.
    Last edited by jrronimo; 11/17/2011 at 05:14 PM.
    Audio Playback Stuttering>?
    biggest "bug" seems to be random resets , almost daily.
    have no idea what's causing this.
    yeah I just got a pre 2 and it resets for no reason. I reset it manually the other day and as soon as the OS loaded it reset itself again.
    this issue has become quite frustrating, seems to be happening more often with my twitter apps- carbon and macaw, and with facebook. One day my phone rebooted with fb app twice in a row to the point I deleted the fb app (the x.facebook.com mobile site is actually good) and I was reboot- free....for 2 days. It has recurred again.

very very very annoying.
    This message is actually from manu-palmpre

(They inadvertently pressed the Report button instead of the Quick Reply button)
    Is anyone experimenting unresponsive touchscreen on their pre2. I am using mine for a year now and sine last webOS update in December it occurs several time a week.

solution: I discovered that swiping down several time (many times) on the top part of the phone where sensor and speaker are (like when displaying battery info and wifi) did finally unlocked the phone. Sometimes a reboot is necessary.

I still don't know whether it is software or hardware issue.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2Ē about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I'm starting to get a little fed up with the random resets. I guess I can doctor my phone but with an upgrade coming soon and an unknown future for webOS on smartphones, I'm starting to hit a crossroads...

any advice?
    Friends...sorry by my english...maybe you can help me...I am from PERU and I have a palm PRE 2. My version is 2.2.4 unlocked. I would know if I can install PREWARE in my cel. Do you think I can find patch for this version in PREWARE?..... the reason is that There is bugs: when I install something, internet does not connect, when I receive mails, just appears heading (tittle) but I canīt see the body.....but if I answer the mail it appears the body!.....
    Anyway, I wish to put patches in this version (if exists)..... May I install PREWARE in my pre2 (ver. 2.2.4) ?....where can I find it to install?.....thanks so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    This message is actually from manu-palmpre

(They inadvertently pressed the Report button instead of the Quick Reply button)
    I get this a whole lot my screen just will not respond to taps swipe nothing. last sometimes 15 seconds before it is responsive. This only happened after the update for me
    For the love of God, the calendar sync issue. When are they going to fix that?

Sometimes all of my Google calendars disappear, and they only way to get them back is by removing the account on the phone and adding it again.

There is also a pretty frequent "Check your login and password" notification, but I can't tell if there's a correlation there.

It's such a serious issue. I rely on my phone to chime when I need to do something or be somewhere, so I can't have events vanishing all the time. Critical bug IMO.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Are you on 2.2.4? For me this was the biggest improvement. I don't experience problems with Google calendar anymore. However I use only one calendar.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Random resets killing me too. Doesn't seem to matter what app is running, if anything. I have multiple batteries, some that fit more snugly than others, and it doesn't seem to make a difference either. I can be right in the middle of something or just have it sitting on my desk and all of a sudden it flips to the HP boot screen.

Also have noticed the screen has a tendency to "come back on" overnight and stay on, running itself down. Any thoughts on why this might be happening would be excellent. Screen is set to 30 secs before turning off.
    I don't get the random screen on problems...and the calender issue mentioned above I have had too but I think its a software problem because that happened a few times on my old preplus too- usually something to do with accessing google via synergy on other wifi networks such as public places.

but the random reboots I can't explain. Happens regardless of battery, app, time of day...must be a software issue but I don't know- regardless its a killer esp when you need your phone on important occasions...imagine a random reboot when making an emergency call or accessing a vital piece of data at any point in time...just awful when it happens
    Quote Originally Posted by howemi01 View Post
    Random resets killing me too. Doesn't seem to matter what app is running, if anything. I have multiple batteries, some that fit more snugly than others, and it doesn't seem to make a difference either. I can be right in the middle of something or just have it sitting on my desk and all of a sudden it flips to the HP boot screen.
    I used to have this happen on the Pre- and I came to the conclusion is was something corrupted in the OS file system. At the time I was running one of the experimental overclocked cores - I forget which one but Afterburner maybe? - and it usually started a week or two after installation or webOS doctor. Running the doctor always fixed the problem but it would return within a week or two. Eventually I switched back to Uber after doctoring and I never had the issue again.

Whether you've overclocked or not, my point is it might be something corrupted in the OS and if so, doctoring the phone should correct it.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I get the screen ons all the time. Sometimes it happens when you close an app and press the Power button too fast.
    The app hasn't "exited" yet and the screen stays on. This can be prevented by waiting about 1 sec in order to get your Carrier in the upper left corner (or whatever you have there)instead of the app's name, which means the app has closed.
    But other times it is caused by no apparent reason.
    After 2.2.4 I have a constant feeling that things are running in the background all the time.

I don't have any random reboots though and as I said, google calendar works fine after 2.2.4
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    I used to have this happen on the Pre- and I came to the conclusion is was something corrupted in the OS file system. At the time I was running one of the experimental overclocked cores - I forget which one but Afterburner maybe? - and it usually started a week or two after installation or webOS doctor. Running the doctor always fixed the problem but it would return within a week or two. Eventually I switched back to Uber after doctoring and I never had the issue again.

Whether you've overclocked or not, my point is it might be something corrupted in the OS and if so, doctoring the phone should correct it.
    Thanks for the info. I actually doctored not too long ago to fix some issues that came with the latest OTA update. Fortunately I haven't had it reset in the middle of a call yet, but it's happened while opening up the phone app to begin with. I have uberkernel running but only in default mode. Still, another doctor may be in the offing..
    I get the feeling there are apps that are running in the background and something isn't quite closing, the phone may be running lower on memory or something and instead of getting a too many cards error it just reboots. I don't have any overclocking patches installed. In fact this has been a problem since day 1 that I have owned the phone.
    Hi there,

I am also from Peru and use my Pre 2 with version 2.1.0. I really recommend you to doctor your device and downgrade to 2.1.0. In both cases, usging 2.2.4 or 2.1.0 check the articles about installing WebOs Quick Install and then install Preware.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by nc31002 View Post
    Friends...sorry by my english...maybe you can help me...I am from PERU and I have a palm PRE 2. My version is 2.2.4 unlocked. I would know if I can install PREWARE in my cel. Do you think I can find patch for this version in PREWARE?..... the reason is that There is bugs: when I install something, internet does not connect, when I receive mails, just appears heading (tittle) but I canīt see the body.....but if I answer the mail it appears the body!.....
    Anyway, I wish to put patches in this version (if exists)..... May I install PREWARE in my pre2 (ver. 2.2.4) ?....where can I find it to install?.....thanks so much!
    Bugs? Or 'features"? My Pre2 (runs 2.2.4, is a GSM version) has been replaced by HP, has had a new profile created, and still would not dial out. Key in a number, it appears, hit 'dial' and the phone icon panel flashes yellow-green and it quits. Wiped clean twice, doctored four times. Then, after I set it aside & used the Pre+ while traveling, it (miraculously) revived itself. Nevertheless, it occasionally refuses to accept a new contact, will not allow any phone number type to be assigned except 'mobile', and will not allow a default contact list to be assigned.

The calendar app is problematic. It will not accept a full calendar via DTA from Palm's Desktop (it hangs at random points). I had to export Palm's calendar to Outlook, then export it from Outlook to Google's calendar, all being a major PITA.

I have been on with the 'chat' techs, and HP has even assigned a Florida-based tech to mess with it. He has had me extract logs in depth, and those are so full of head-scratchers that they've been sent off to HP's engineers to scrutinize.

I am this close to wiping it, putting it on ebay and waving 'good-bye' to it ... though the new OS has some nice features that the Pre Plus (running 1.4.5, after a brief - but nasty - flirtation with 2.2.4 that HP tried to foist on me) does not have (like being able to run a few spiffy apps and being able to assign new 'cards').

I like the size of the device, and it works reasonably well as a phone. I may keep the PrePlus and stick with it ... or I may use the money from selling the Pre2 to get a similarly-sized Android phone. The Wildfire S is not at all bad,and new small Android phones seem to be coming out of the woodwork - though targeted at teenaged girls, it seems.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast