09/30/2011, 07:46 AM
1. Give a brief description of what happened.
When encountering a Network Portal, existing access goes dormant (including 3G), as if the system cannot discriminate between a detected portal and a fully authenticated connected portal. Often, with previously encountered portals (e.g. places you've visited before), the Portal detection results with a (cached?) "Dismiss" box in 2.x even before the connection page is successfully accepted/authenticated/completed.
2. Do you receive any error messages?
3. What are the expected results?
One would expect that existing services BT/3G etc would persist until one of the following would happen: A) the Portal Capture notification is dismissed by the user as unwanted <OR>
B) the portal capture notification is accepted, and the user goes to whatever splash screen results, accepts any and all agreements, and connects, after which the connected/dismiss window appears.
(It's also possible, that the portal notification can cache existing connections, and login information. I cannot confirm this).
4. What application exhibits the symptom?
Portal capture, Wifi
5. What account does the symptom appear in? (e.g. Facebook, Google etc)
6. Have you downloaded an application outside of the App Catalog?
a. If so, what application and where from?
7. What are you doing when the issue happens?
moving into new areas with wifi
8. When did the symptom first appear?
on my Last Pre2 (this is a replacement)
9. How frequently does the symptom occur?
Every time a portal is encountered.
10. Can you tie the issue back to a specific action or does it appear to be random?
11. Can you effectively replicate the issue?
. List exact steps to replicate issue
Move to an area with 3G only. Then move to an area with a Wifi portal.
12. Is something else involved besides the webOS device? (e.g. Accessory/Computer/Wireless router) Various Access Points.
. Manufacturer : Unknown/various
a. Model Number: Unknown
b. Version / Revision: Unknown
c. Year: Unknown
13. Can HP contact you for further questions and or log files? (yes or no)*** Yes