Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    do wav files no longer work as ringtones in 2.1?

edit: i had the "origional notification" sound from before i even got a 1.45 pre+ and it's a wav. worked fine on my pre plus, but doesn't seem to work on my 2.1 pre 2
    Last edited by videogmike; 09/03/2011 at 12:56 PM.
    Wow, I guess my patched, O/C'd 2.1 Pre+ is running pretty well.. I had thought about upgrading to the better hardware of the Pre, but sounds like I may regret it. Not that it wasn't time consuming, and frustrating getting to this point with my +... But now it's humming along nicely. Only if the GPS was better functioning.. : /
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    re. .wav files not working.

I found when I copied a load of .MP3 and JPG files the files were saved with the file extensions in capital letters. The Pre wouldnt see them. So I changed them on the Pre to .mp3 and .jpg and they worked a treat.
    Quote Originally Posted by daglesj View Post
    re. .wav files not working.

I found when I copied a load of .MP3 and JPG files the files were saved with the file extensions in capital letters. The Pre wouldnt see them. So I changed them on the Pre to .mp3 and .jpg and they worked a treat.
    ahhhh, thanks! That's why the jpgs I just uploaded (through usb mode from my computer) aren't showing up in the photo app, then. I'll try changing the extension to lowercase later and see if they start showing up again.
    Quote Originally Posted by tengler View Post
    I experience the following issues with my Palm Pre 2:

4. It often happens that my Pre's battery disacharges in couple of hours even I don't use it and all devices (3G, WiFi and GPS) are turned off. I tried to use JStop and Govnah to identify if there is anything running in background that consumes CPU and battery but no luck. Is there anything like Windows Task Manager available on WebOS? JStop only shows system process so I have no idea what is running in background. Several times a week I found my Pre dead in the morning as the battery is empty. It also happes (sometimes) with a "clean" Pre (I restart it in the evening, start no applications and only keep GSM on).
    Do you have a data plan, or are you just using wifi for internet? My friend's pixi plus had a similar battery issue (she has no data plan), which we fixed by turning data off in the settings. Not wifi, just data. I am guessing that it was trying to find a data signal all the time whenever it couldn't find wifi, but I actually can't say for sure.. I don't have enough experience of knowledge of these things to really be confident that I know what I'm talking about. I just know what helped on one pixi plus. If you also have no data plan, it would at least be something to try.

Although, I'm really late to this thread, so maybe you already figured it out or changed phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    Can I ***** about my phone in here?

1. Facebook app doesn't load over 3G
    2. Battery life is horrible
    3. My Touchstone makes the changing prompt flash repetitively like I am unplugging and plugging in the cord no matter how the phone and touchstone are making contact.
    4. Voice Dialer loads when I plug in headphones and I can't figure out how I did it, then that mutes my alerts and disables my vibration
    5. If I get a call while I have headphones plugged in after the call is over and the headphones are removed the phone still thinks theres a headphone jack plugged in and keeps "playing" music
    6. My clock freezes

It feels like my phone is in beta stage or was rushed out of testing to reach a market to crap out on its customers.

When voice dialer disabled vibration, were you able to get it back with a restart? Or did it just completely disable it forever? My Pre2 doesn't vibrate. I don't think it ever did, but I can't remember.. I've only had the phone for a few days. I ended up calling palm support and they're sending me a replacement, but I'm just curious now if this issue was somehow created by me. I did use voice dialer once (attempted to, anyway) and it did crash system sounds. Restarting luna brought system sounds back, but vibrate still won't work. As I already mentioned, maybe it never did, but I just didn't notice. Multiple reboots didn't fix this for me, including taking the battery out.

I'm using an unlocked gsm pre2, running 2.1 in case anyone is curious.. upgraded immediately after initial setup.

EDIT: Sorry about all the posts in a row, I probably should have done a multi-quote instead..
    Last edited by shadeybeep; 09/07/2011 at 07:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by marclh1992 View Post
    2.1 SMS send/recieve delay. Phone becomes unresponsive while sending and receiving SMS for a short period of time (2-5 seconds).
    I have the freezing in the SMS application too with my Unlocked Pre 2 on AT&T. I also have the issue with the Touchstone where it gets to 100% and constantly flashes the charging battery notification (yes, I have tried different positions and placing paper between the phone and Touchstone). I don't think the Touchsone issue is a bug in webOS, though.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that when I type a comma and then a space, I need to wait longer between the key presses compared to other key combinations. If I don't wait, the space is dropped.
    Last edited by friskies64; 09/07/2011 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Forgot a point
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I've noticed that google talk has trouble connecting to some networks (WPA), and when enough switches from wifi to 3g and back occur, it just stops wanting to sign in and I have to restart the phone to fix it. Other times if I change from wifi to 3g or lose connection for a while (if I'm in a tunnel or something), google talk doesn't automatically re-sign/log in. Anyone see this happen? My old pre plus with 1.4.5 would always auto log in whenever it found a connection, whether 3g or wifi, or after switching from one to the other. Its annoying as hell to always have to check to make sure google talk is logged in, especially since I don't have unlimited texts, and I rely on google talk for more of my texting needs. I'm not sure if this is only for google talk, or if it affects the other messaging accounts as well (AIM, yahoo, etc..)
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    I like my webOS, but the Pre2 is way buggier than my Pre. The locking up after a call is death when I am working. guess I could try turning the proximity sensor off, as sounds like it is the problem. I agree about TMC errors - MORE since 2.1. Frustrating. Otherwise I love this little phone.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Does this phone still have these problems? :/
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Im having no issues. atm. been 24 hours so far. I have oc on 60 or so patches. mode switching. running a fraken pre 2.
    it's just a failure for some... too bad.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Yha Idk ive patched the **** out of and oc my pixi- to the max and didnt ever have massive errors of problems. and Ive done the same with my pre 2 and my sailing along fine. I think most people need. To dual boot linux. and download metadoctor. and rebuild the doctor and run again uninterrupted.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Will webos 2.X ever get an update? It seems less and less likely especially considering the news today

There are so many friggin bugs (regressions too), seriously, I don't even want new features, I just want bug fixes.

Is HP even working on this software anymore? I havn't heard a word or any sort of progress software wise, even though HP claims they are proceeding with the software. Any "activity" seems to be from the touchpad front.

And where is Rubinstein in all this? Is he really going to let his baby get destroyed like this? I can't understand how he can just sit back and watch HP do this....
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    What bugs are you experiencing?
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    After 6+ weeks I have now only found two niggles.

The Preware patch for screen responsiveness does the exact opposite. Maybe its not for the Pre2?

My Preware list of apps and patches installed has been 'lost' so it shows only 3 things installed. They are all still there though. Bit annoying as I've now lost track of whats on there but its not a biggie.
    I am using a Verizon Pre2 running 2.1. Some of the problems I have had that others have had are
    1. Order of Just Type searches resets back to normal after a reset (very annoying)
    2. Sound will randomly shut off (not sure why it does this, a reset fixes it)
    3. Too many cards open with only 1 card open (I think this is just a webOS thing and a reset always fixes it, it does it on the TouchPad too)
    4. I always get asked to check my login and password for google and yahoo, yet I still receive email...weird.
    5. I have had issues syncing with my calendars, but I think I have that finally fixed.
    That's all I can think of for now.
    1. Give a brief description of what happened.
    When encountering a Network Portal, existing access goes dormant (including 3G), as if the system cannot discriminate between a detected portal and a fully authenticated connected portal. Often, with previously encountered portals (e.g. places you've visited before), the Portal detection results with a (cached?) "Dismiss" box in 2.x even before the connection page is successfully accepted/authenticated/completed.
    2. Do you receive any error messages?
    no
    3. What are the expected results?
    One would expect that existing services BT/3G etc would persist until one of the following would happen: A) the Portal Capture notification is dismissed by the user as unwanted <OR>
    B) the portal capture notification is accepted, and the user goes to whatever splash screen results, accepts any and all agreements, and connects, after which the connected/dismiss window appears.
    (It's also possible, that the portal notification can cache existing connections, and login information. I cannot confirm this).
    4. What application exhibits the symptom?
    Portal capture, Wifi
    5. What account does the symptom appear in? (e.g. Facebook, Google etc)
    n/a
    6. Have you downloaded an application outside of the App Catalog?
    no
    a. If so, what application and where from?
    n/a
    7. What are you doing when the issue happens?
    moving into new areas with wifi
    8. When did the symptom first appear?
    on my Last Pre2 (this is a replacement)
    9. How frequently does the symptom occur?
    Every time a portal is encountered.
    10. Can you tie the issue back to a specific action or does it appear to be random?
    not random
    11. Can you effectively replicate the issue?
    yes.
    . List exact steps to replicate issue
    Move to an area with 3G only. Then move to an area with a Wifi portal.
    12. Is something else involved besides the webOS device? (e.g. Accessory/Computer/Wireless router) Various Access Points.
    . Manufacturer : Unknown/various
    a. Model Number: Unknown
    b. Version / Revision: Unknown
    c. Year: Unknown
    13. Can HP contact you for further questions and or log files? (yes or no)*** Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by knicks2030 View Post
    I am using a Verizon Pre2 running 2.1. Some of the problems I have had that others have had are
    1. Order of Just Type searches resets back to normal after a reset (very annoying)
    2. Sound will randomly shut off (not sure why it does this, a reset fixes it)

3. Too many cards open with only 1 card open (I think this is just a webOS thing and a reset always fixes it, it does it on the TouchPad too)

4. I always get asked to check my login and password for google and yahoo, yet I still receive email...weird.

5. I have had issues syncing with my calendars, but I think I have that finally fixed.
    That's all I can think of for now.

#3 (and maybe #2) Installing UberKernel will fix this (you don't have to overclock it with Govnah or anything). It just works, and I honestly haven't seen sound issues either.

#4: I get this incessantly, but I made a post below about network authentication and the Portals, which I think is related. I am at a University with lots of different APs between buildings, it sends the Pre into fits (but isn't the only place I get the issue).
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    My Verizon Pre 2 is stock with WebOS 2.1, and freezes after a call, and my bookmarks disappeard.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast