Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I don't think it's a Pre2 problem, I think it is a Touchstone problem.
    Well I don't want the Pre2 to stand all night on the TS because it gets overheated, but in case you want to have it during the night:
    1) Be sure that it is positioned correctly. No I don't think you are dumb or something, but in my experience a bit of adjustment can make the difference.
    2) If 1) is not the case then try putting a not so thick piece of paper, like a business card, or a post-it which you have folded. It's not pretty I know but it may help you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    I don't think it's a Pre2 problem, I think it is a Touchstone problem.
    Well I don't want the Pre2 to stand all night on the TS because it gets overheated, but in case you want to have it during the night:
    1) Be sure that it is positioned correctly. No I don't think you are dumb or something, but in my experience a bit of adjustment can make the difference.
    2) If 1) is not the case then try putting a not so thick piece of paper, like a business card, or a post-it which you have folded. It's not pretty I know but it may help you.
    no offense taken, don't worry.

with the "paper" method. Would I want the paper over the area where those 2 gold prongs sit? or over the entire back of the device.

Stupid question warning: am I creating a possible fire risk?
    Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post
    The clock stops keeping time when the display turns off and the device is not connected to a cellular network.
    had this with pre- 2.1 not on my pre2 but its forsure a webOS 2.1 bug. I think I doctored 6 times before it went away.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    no offense taken, don't worry.

with the "paper" method. Would I want the paper over the area where those 2 gold prongs sit? or over the entire back of the device.

Stupid question warning: am I creating a possible fire risk?
    From my experience you need a bit of "distance" between the TS and the phone. That's what the paper does.
    I have two TSs with my Pre2. In the first one I only have problems sometimes when I have not adjusted it very well. The second one acts a bit crazy. But with the piece of paper (a business card, or even a slim credit card (THAT YOU DONT NEED ) the problem is solved.
    I don't think that you create a fire risk. I think a bigger risk is the phone on the TS during all night getting overheated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    From my experience you need a bit of "distance" between the TS and the phone. That's what the paper does.
    I have two TSs with my Pre2. In the first one I only have problems sometimes when I have not adjusted it very well. The second one acts a bit crazy. But with the piece of paper (a business card, or even a slim credit card (THAT YOU DONT NEED ) the problem is solved.
    I don't think that you create a fire risk. I think a bigger risk is the phone on the TS during all night getting overheated.
    test 1:

business card cut small enough so as not to cover camera or speaker.

results: phone not charging at all on touchstone.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Try a post-it paper or something that thick. Fold it once and try again.
    nope, even without folding the phone does not charge at all with a post it paper back there.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Sorry, can't thing of anything else. I read about it from many people and I have tried it myself and it worked.
    Got it for $0.00 on Verizon w/ new 2 year contract (switched from Sprint) through the Wireless Central website.
    There is definitely a modem problem with the Pre2. I had to return the first two sent to me due to modem issues which caused the 3G network connection to stop working. I ran the diagnostic tests on the phone and believe there was a Code 20 on the first phone and then a Code 1000 on the second. Nonetheless, this still happens periodically with the 3rd phone I have now. Switching in and out of Airplane Mode does not fix it. Have to do a restart.
    The next biggest annoyance is when using the browser the screen/phone/whatever gets stuck in multitouch zoom. I'll simply try to scroll through the webpage but the page keeps resizing as if I still have two fingers on the screen, zooming in or out.
    Other annoyances are how long it takes to 'wake up' from standby and register my touch on the unlock screen. Takes too long for the screen to come back up after removing the phone from your ear (proximity sensor) to register a touch to end a call or to see the current call length (which doesn't always update from 0:00).
    AND I want the stinking 2.1 update from Verizon already!
    See the attachment below - getting horrible battery life and think I have a bug that is preventing my Pre 2 from 'sleeping' properly. Lots of going to sleep / waking up messages when I monitor it using a terminal app.

Is this something I should just try redoctoring and starting over? This is a new phone less than a month old.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Well, ive been a long time cell phone nerd and this is my first webOS device. I do have a few issues though...

- GPS hardly works. I'll use google maps but it wont get a fix even if im outside or in a car.
    - It will randomly reboot on me. Its happen's when im using an app, on a call or with it just in front of me doing nothing.
    - For work, we get email through MS Exchange. At least 3-5 times a week, i have to re-enter my password for my email to come through. When i look at the configurations page, it shows i have a 5 letter password when its really 9.
    - It shows im on webOS version 2.0.1 but software update tells me im all up to date.

Other then that, i actually like the phone. Keyboard is a bit small but i like the OS layout and the battery life is pretty good. I wish the camera would be better and i do have some small issues with using Facebook on it but thats not that important right now.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    For me to get a GPS fix I had to turn location services off and only keep gps on... give that a shot
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    had this with pre- 2.1 not on my pre2 but its forsure a webOS 2.1 bug. I think I doctored 6 times before it went away.
    Thank you for confirming the issue.
    I have to say that the battery life on my Pre2 is amazing by comparison.
    As for the Facebook issue, deleting the app (and not reinstalling it) has been a major stress relief. They seriously need to update it to get it to work. It can't connect to the network half the time and doesn't do so many seemingly "normal" things you'd want FB to do. HPalm needs to update it, big time.
    For now I just use the mobile web Facebook app. It does more anyway.

This thread is huge, has anyone listed the following:

Call waiting doesn't display correctly (if at all, it's often just a blank spot at the bottom of the phone app screen).

Phone takes a while to wake up from being locked (you gotta wait 5 seconds before you can unlock it)

More network woes- being in an area with a portal or secure connection will not default to radio data (there should be a way to set this). On this same note: I LOVE the portal capture feature. But it's not shown up for 3 days now, and a battery yank, and regular power offs aren't bringing it back. Is there a way to re-enable this so it automagically finds them? it's great for where I work, since they haven't upgraded their access points to a seamless experience yet...

thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I had metadoctored my Verizon Pre2 to 2.1.0 and had no problems. But now that I Doctored it to the "official" 2.1.0, it won't come back from exhibition mode. I mean that when I swipe up or tap on a notification or even press the power button, exhibition turns off but I am left looking at the background. Nothing I do except a reset brings me back to the actual screen with the quicklaunch bar and "just type" visible.
    1. Text message freeze when sending
    2. Occasionally typing does not register (regardless of which app) until the app is minimised and re-opened
    3. Voice dial does not work and a full restart is required to get the phone working again
    4. The phone constantly tries to make further calls during a call
    5. Camera app sometimes freezes
    6. The promised facebook instant messaging never materialised
    7. Voice recorder apps don't actually work for some reason
    8. Calendar all day events aren't displayed in month view
    9. Sweeping through contacts or call list is now very juddery
    10. Sometimes the phone get iron hot
    -"Sorry, too many cards" even with ZERO open (trying to open one). Restart, or just wait 3 minutes and it subsides...???
    -Sound FX programs ALL seem to only work 2-3 sounds at most and must be restarted.
    -Phone STILL goes into stasis while loading/running programs. Cards blur, or reticle gets stuck, and you just gotta wait it out. No longer network dependent as I had thought.
    -Phone doesn't seem to know how to manage areas with multiple Access Points (or switching between EV and WiFi).
    Running VeriZon official 2.1
    Last edited by copasetic; 08/22/2011 at 06:44 AM. Reason: typos.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Ok had my Pre 2 a month now and so far -

No real issues to report.

The Touchstone did keep bonging the first time I used it every 5 minutes. I cured the issue by just putting the round plastic protective cover back on it. Works like a charm.

Battery life is around a day with all the bells and whistles turned on, but with the Touchstone charging isnt a chore it becomes kind of cool. With the phone in just locked down 2G mode the battery goes for 3 days even with a bit of wireless usage.

Havent opend it up to Preware or anything. Running stock with about 30+ apps added. Only deleted two or three (Spotify app being one) of them.

No other issues of note. Possibly the best phone I've ever had (hmm well the Nokia 6310i is hard to beat) since I had my first one back in 1995.
    It forgets the exhibition mode settings every time its rebooted. If I want it to launch facebook exhibition after a reboot I have to choose it manually

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Got my unlocked Pre 2 Wednesday. I have a very annoying problem with the contact application. The button next to the phone number, address, or email address doesn't work. No matter how many phone numbers I add, they will always say "mobile" next to them. The button doesn't do anything when I tap it. I spent 3.5 hours on chat with tech support and they don't have an answer.
    We went as far as to reinstall webOS 2.1 with web doctor. No change. They are going to call me Sunday (so we'll see about that).
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast