Unlocked Pre2 on ATT here.
Originally Posted by ahitz
- Yes the google talk signing out is annoying. My Pre Plus never had that problem. When I first got my Pre2 I couldn't even sign in to Yahoo IM. So I bought MunduIM, which has it's own aggravating problems. My Pre2 ended up having other issues like not wanting to open links from emails or even launch google maps from an address in my contacts. And Pandora did not want to resume playing after a phone call. So I doctored. After that, everything worked again and Yahoo IM worked too. I can live without Facebook Chat so I have MunduIM but never use it. But I still have to make my phone sign in to messaging often. Even though I still see some of my IM contacts, signing in again will make them all show up.
As far as the email goes, the issue I have is that sometimes my data connection is lost, and then emails do not come in as a result. I did not have this issue with my Pre Plus, but a buddy of mine with a Pre Plus does have this issue, and has it worse than I do on my Pre2. He lives closer to Metro Atlanta than I do, and the only fix is to turn data off then on again, and sometimes even a restart. I do notice more issues when I am in his end of town. When I am on wifi, I never see this problem. My friend works for ATT, and other coworkers of his have similar data problems on Android phones, but his company Blackberry never has this issue. What is the Blackberry doing differently?
- I disabled the gesture scroll so I do not know about the wrong scroll distance issue
- Scroll Render Lock Issue - I have it too and can be annoying. What I have noticed is that it seems to happen after a notification comes in, specifically the latitude updater updating position or wallpaper switcharoo dowloading a new wallpaper
Other weirdnesses I have seen:
- Sometimes when trying to switch between apps, the card stays full size while going to card view. This happens most when trying to quickly switch between apps. Heres a screenshot:
- Uploading photos to facebook from the photos app is hit or miss. Sometimes it says upload complete and everything is good. Sometimes it gives me an error (im trying to remember I think it said login required), but then the photo ended up successfully uploading. What is annoying about this is that retrying the upload ends up having duplicate uploads in my albums.
- And why is scrolling through the call log so slow?
- Web pages appearing blank before scrolling
- Just type not being able to fit multiple lines of text, like when pasting a long web link.