Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm buying a pre 2 that has been sprintified and am wondering a couple things.

1. I have already moved my main profile to 2.1 when I meta doctored my pre minus. So I should be able to just sign into my main profile on the pre 2 and be fine right?

2. I know with my Pre- on 2.1 I couldnt get any of the 2.0 apps. Is that the same with the Pre2 running on sprint? Will I still not be able to run 2.0 apps?

Thanks for your help

Ken
    1. I have done this also, and it should transfer fine.
    2. You will be able to get the 2.x apps just fine.

Don't forget, if you need to doctor you can just use the webos 2.1 doctor for unlocked phones.

EDIT** see sketch42's warning below.
    Last edited by runtimmyc; 04/12/2011 at 01:40 PM.
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    I'm buying a pre 2 that has been sprintified and am wondering a couple things.

1. I have already moved my main profile to 2.1 when I meta doctored my pre minus. So I should be able to just sign into my main profile on the pre 2 and be fine right?

2. I know with my Pre- on 2.1 I couldnt get any of the 2.0 apps. Is that the same with the Pre2 running on sprint? Will I still not be able to run 2.0 apps?

Thanks for your help

Ken
    You will NOT be able to activate the Sprintified Pre2 .. it must be active on your account before Pre2-ification
  4.    #4  
    why is that? I haven't bought it yet...

Ken
    Sprint Pre 2 - WebOS Internals

Hardware

Rich Dunbar has created a very detailed step by step pictorial guide for swapping a Sprint Pre- comms board into a Pre 2. Important note that the Sprint Comm board must be activated PRIOR to this process.

Cannot activate a Sprint Comm board through the Pre 2 at this time. You should also have already read through and understand the entire software portion (Step 16 in this guide) BEFORE starting this process. Pay special attention to Step 2: Prepare Your Palm Profile.
    no it needs to be active on YOUR account before.. i tried it both ways on my wife's pre minus

My wife's pre minus WAS active on her account and i Pre2-ified it. long story short i had an issue with evdo not showing up... i called sprint and tried to "fix it with them by manually programming my phone.. No dice... i did a ##RTN# no dice... i hung up , put her phone Back into the pre minus doctored back to 1.4.5, evdo showed up and and switched back to the pre2.

in short the phone needs to be activated as a Pre minus on your account first, and than Pre2-ified

Pastorich.. would you like to chime in??
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    no it needs to be active on YOUR account before.. i tried it both ways on my wife's pre minus

My wife's pre minus WAS active on her account and i Pre2-ified it. long story short i had an issue with evdo not showing up... i called sprint and tried to "fix it with them by manually programming my phone.. No dice... i did a ##RTN# no dice... i hung up , put her phone Back into the pre minus doctored back to 1.4.5, evdo showed up and and switched back to the pre2.

in short the phone needs to be activated as a Pre minus on your account first, and than Pre2-ified

Pastorich.. would you like to chime in??
    There are no Sprint provisioning software for webOS 2 thus why it is IMPERRATIVE to have that comboard from a webOS 1.x Sprint Pre preactivated PRIOR to the procedure. Also other provisioning services like the RTN reset does not work so make note of that if you later on want dataplan, phone# change, or somehow the provisioning is FUBAR and they want to try a RTN reset.

I added that activation tidbit to the wiki page at the top to shave off 30mins extra from the procedure, even though it would make good practice to play hop the comm board around
    Last edited by addiarmadar; 04/12/2011 at 04:21 PM.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  8.    #8  
    So what your saying "Addiarmadar" is the same as "sketch42" you have to have the pre- comm board activated on your account before you can put it in a pre2 and have it work? Meaning that there is no point to buy a pre2 that has already been swapped onto sprint because you would have to put your own comm board in it anyways? Thanks for all this help guys...

Ken
    So what your saying "Addiarmadar" is the same as "sketch42" you have to have the pre- comm board activated on your account before you can put it in a pre2 and have it work? Meaning that there is no point to buy a pre2 that has already been swapped onto sprint because you would have to put your own comm board in it anyways? Thanks for all this help guys...

Ken
    Actually.. Say you bought a sprint pre2 not activated..

Take the sprint comm board out of the pre2 and put it into a pre minus front housing assy .. Doctor to 1.4.5 activate on sprint.. Start up and verify that the EVDO icon shows..do NOT login to profile..
    Reassemble the Pre2 and sprint comm board ... Doctor to 2.1 and Voila!

So yes .. It would defeat the purpose to buy and inactive sprint pre2 and you would have to re-sprintify it anyway

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Meaning that there is no point to buy a pre2 that has already been swapped onto sprint because you would have to put your own comm board in it anyways?
    Pretty much. This type of mod would not support hand-me-down to another account. Someone selling you a Sprint Pre2?

The folks at webosworld can make you a Sprint Pre2 using the comm board out of your currently-activated Sprint Pre -. They also have an app in the app catalog called WebOS World Service where you can order one up too.

11.    #11  
    Well thanks for all the info, ya a guy on this board, heres the link from the marketplace http://forums.precentral.net/marketp...pre2-sale.html I talked to him on the phone and he said that all he did was get a pre2 from verizon and then he already had a sprint Pre plus so he took the comm board out of that and swapped it into the pre2 and everything works? doesnt make a whole lot of sense how it would work...but I have seen pics of the phone with sprint in the corner.........maybe you guys can shed some light.

Ken
    Well thanks for all the info, ya a guy on this board, heres the link from the marketplace http://forums.precentral.net/marketp...pre2-sale.html I talked to him on the phone and he said that all he did was get a pre2 from verizon and then he already had a sprint Pre plus so he took the comm board out of that and swapped it into the pre2 and everything works? doesnt make a whole lot of sense how it would work...but I have seen pics of the phone with sprint in the corner.........maybe you guys can shed some light.

Ken
    sprint pre had to have been active
    at time of swap

Well those pics are going to be irrelevant for that device will need to be reprovisioned for bakerman1 sprint account to which it will not work. Unless there is going to be a xfer of ownership to the current account on that phone. I'll chime in on that post.

The point is to prevent people getting hosed is that ALL sprint activations/provisioning has to be done through webos 1.x until palm publicly releases webos2 on sprint.

Also to note using the Verizon Pre2 will currently limit your OS build to 2.0.1 so no exhibition or voicedial.
    Last edited by addiarmadar; 04/12/2011 at 06:54 PM.

Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    I have a verizon pre plus that has a sprint comm board in it running 2.1. Im currently in the process of buying a gsm pre 2 to franken pre it to sprint. Before I do so, will I run into any problems? My phone is currently activated on sprint but has the pre plus chassis.
    Quote Originally Posted by tp2386 View Post
    I have a verizon pre plus that has a sprint comm board in it running 2.1. Im currently in the process of buying a gsm pre 2 to franken pre it to sprint. Before I do so, will I run into any problems? My phone is currently activated on sprint but has the pre plus chassis.
    you should be fine if your already on sprint i would think ?!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Actually.. Say you bought a sprint pre2 not activated..

Take the sprint comm board out of the pre2 and put it into a pre minus front housing assy .. Doctor to 1.4.5 activate on sprint.. Start up and verify that the EVDO icon shows..do NOT login to profile..
    Reassemble the Pre2 and sprint comm board ... Doctor to 2.1 and Voila!

So yes .. It would defeat the purpose to buy and inactive sprint pre2 and you would have to re-sprintify it anyway

One clarification here. Once you have Dr'd to 1.4.5 you will have to follow the whole process to get it working in the Pre 2. So make sure and follow the entire wiki.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    I purchased a Sprintified Pre 2 from a member on the boards who had it up and running and I could not activate it with my number. He handled the return with no problem, but I think this is the problem we ran into.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I purchased a Sprintified Pre 2 from a member on the boards who had it up and running and I could not activate it with my number. He handled the return with no problem, but I think this is the problem we ran into.
    Yep this is the very thing we are trying to prevent. Changing hands will require reactivation to which there are no Sprint provisioning software avail for webos 2. Lots think that once the Sprint Pre2 is ready that is the end and can change hands at will when that is not possible without a pre +/- avail to reactiavte that comm board with the new NAI and MDN.

Seeing alot of this and considering adding this as an FYI to the Sprint Pre 2 wiki site. What do you think Rich?

Ok, I hope this isn't too dumb a question, but here goes.....

What if I get a Pre2, have it spritified from my already activated Sprint Pre, then later want to transfer it to another number on my existing account. Will I still have the same issues being discussed here?

-Skippy
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy07 View Post
    Ok, I hope this isn't too dumb a question, but here goes.....

What if I get a Pre2, have it spritified from my already activated Sprint Pre, then later want to transfer it to another number on my existing account. Will I still have the same issues being discussed here?

-Skippy
    Yeah because you are going to change the MDN which requires reprovisioning of the phone to accept the new phone #.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast