Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Yeah because you are going to change the MDN which requires reprovisioning of the phone to accept the new phone #.
    That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the answer though.

    -Skippy
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy07 View Post
    That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the answer though.

    -Skippy
    You can always put the board back into the Pre - to do your provisioning needs and then back into the Pre2 and run the doctor.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

    www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    You can always put the board back into the Pre - to do your provisioning needs and then back into the Pre2 and run the doctor.
    Yes, I realize I could do this, but I'm having WebOSWorld do the FrankenPre2, so I'm not going to be familiar with the process. I guess, when the time comes, I might go ahead and try it myself. It's a couple of months away, so I'm not going to worry about it now.

    -Skippy
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Seeing alot of this and considering adding this as an FYI to the Sprint Pre 2 wiki site. What do you think Rich?
    I thought it was already there for anyone who reads it. But if it needs to be more explicit about changing hands or re-activation then I'm for anything that helps people not do stupid things.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  5. #25  
    OK... so let's say I've got three phones...

    - Pre Minus
    - Pre 2
    - Pixi

    I activate the Pre Minus on my line. I take the comm board out of the Pre Minus and put it in the Pre 2. The Pre Minus is now worthless at this point, right?? ... or can the Pre Minus still work as a PDA with Pre 2 comm board??

    So my Sprintified Pre 2 should be working great and my Pre Minus should work as an Internet Radio thingy or Wifi Browser, at least. What if I want to swap back to my Pixi, while turning the Pre 2 off?? Swapping back and forth between the two should be ok, right? ... so long as the other is off??

    Does that all sound about right?
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    I activate the Pre Minus on my line. I take the comm board out of the Pre Minus and put it in the Pre 2. The Pre Minus is now worthless at this point, right?? ... or can the Pre Minus still work as a PDA with Pre 2 comm board???
    Taking the comm board out of the Pre - will make the phone a paperweight. Trying to boot it back up would result in the "You phone has encountered a problem that cannot be resolved." Putting the Pre2 comm board into the Pre - is possible physically but I dont think there is a metascript for this combo, haven't tried this but doubt it would work. Maybe if this was a Pre +.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

    www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    So my Sprintified Pre 2 should be working great and my Pre Minus should work as an Internet Radio thingy or Wifi Browser, at least. What if I want to swap back to my Pixi, while turning the Pre 2 off?? Swapping back and forth between the two should be ok, right? ... so long as the other is off??
    If I'm understanding this right, you want to switch your wireless account between the Pre2 and the Pixi, IN THEORY it COULD work as long as the provisions didn't change. Just an IMEI swap on Sprints end allowing that to work on you acct and dropping the other when the radio attempts login. There could be something finite missing to make this fail so if anyone wants to be the lab rat to try this and let us know will get my thanks.

    Worst case the Pre2 wont activate properly and just gotta put the sprint commboard back into the Pre -, run the basic 1.4.5 doctor, reactivate there, then repeat the Sprint Pre2 conversion steps.

    Gawd why would you go back to a Pixi when you have the Pre2???
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

    www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  8. #28  
    Does the Pre- comm board have to be "turned on"/sprint activated with webos 1.45 or if I have a pre- with 2.1, can I take that pre- 2.1 comm and put it into a Pre2?
    ***I Twitter***

    Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Does the Pre- comm board have to be "turned on"/sprint activated with webos 1.45 or if I have a pre- with 2.1, can I take that pre- 2.1 comm and put it into a Pre2?
    My understanding is that the comm board has to be activated before transplantation to the Pre2. I don't think it matters what webOS version is in use. I think you will have to doctor it after surgery anyway. Sprint can't provision a comm board on webOS 2.x, and a Pre 2 can't be doctored below 2.x.
  10. #30  
    Can someone with a Sprintified Pre2s please let me know if you are able to access 2.x apps in the catalog?

    thanks!
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Can someone with a Sprintified Pre2s please let me know if you are able to access 2.x apps in the catalog?
    I can see Koto Player in the app catalog on my sprint frankenpre 2. I know that is capable of 2.x, but I don't know if it's a 2.x only app. I can't, for example, see Music Player (remix).


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Twitter: dullgeek
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    I can see Koto Player in the app catalog on my sprint frankenpre 2. I know that is capable of 2.x, but I don't know if it's a 2.x only app. I can't, for example, see Music Player (remix).


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Too bad, thanks for the helpful response.

    I'm wondering also if Sprintified Pre2s will be able to be metadoctored to the latest software 2.2(3) and 3.0 when it comes out. Can someone explain the possibilities to me?
  13. #33  
    Don't know if this is the best place to ask so I apologize if I missed something in my searches.

    Ok, so I know that in order to activate a Sprint FrankenPre 2 on a different account the comm board has to be swapped to a Pre-, doctored and then activated before being swapped back into the Pre 2. My question is, I have a Sprintified Pre 2 that I am currently using on my Sprint account. If I were to deactivate the phone so I could try out a different phone would I then have to go through all those steps just to reactivate my Pre 2 on the same account it had previously been activated on?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions