04/12/2011, 01:25 AM
So I have a Pre Plus - doctored to 2.1 and overclocked to 1.1GHz. The reality is that a Pre 2 isn't going to give me very much, is it?
But I still want one.
In theory I should wait for the 3 and/or Veer to come out. But the thing is, one of the things I like about the Pre is the form factor. The 3 drifts into big lump of phone territory again a la every Android and iPhone out there, and the Veer is too small.
So, despite my Plus being in good condition (swapped out a Pre- screen onto it, tightened everything, so no wiggles or oreos) the siren call of the 2 is calling me. I suspect that it is going to be the device I end up buying even when the new ones finally hit the market.
So, help me out here. I've already spent over 300 quid this month on Pres - the first minus device that was originally to be a plaything but turned out to secure WebOS as my mobile OS of choice, plus the Plus. I don't need the 2 - I could quite happily carry on using the Plus and apart from it being a bit plasticky reckon it'd be no worse, functionally speaking, than a 2. All logic suggests I should at least wait for the new devices to hit the market* when, even if I don't like any of them, the price of the 2 will be reduced. But the six year old in me is screaming WANT! NOW!
Help me PreCentral, you're my only hope.