Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I talked myself into a Pre2 also. The form factor was the most important consideration. No complaints after two weeks, other than sconix's Advanced Configuration apps/patches are not supported in 2.0.1. He has abandoned this version of webOS. Mode Switcher works, though.

I have found some patches that mitigate that somewhat, and I can always hope that HP & Verizon will release 2.1 at some point (unlikely, I know.) Not ready to Frankenpre2 yet. Does not seem stable to me yet.

The glass screen is great, the keyboard flawless, fast and smooth. There still is some wiggle in the slider, almost but not quite as bad as the Pre+. I will keep this through several iterations of HP hardware, I am sure.

The main reason I waited was the loss of the free Mobile Hotspot, but freTether takes care of that very nicely. GPS works just fine, also.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by hilm3 View Post
    I talked myself into a Pre2 also. The form factor was the most important consideration. No complaints after two weeks, other than sconix's Advanced Configuration apps/patches are not supported in 2.0.1. He has abandoned this version of webOS. Mode Switcher works, though.

I have found some patches that mitigate that somewhat, and I can always hope that HP & Verizon will release 2.1 at some point (unlikely, I know.) Not ready to Frankenpre2 yet. Does not seem stable to me yet.

The glass screen is great, the keyboard flawless, fast and smooth. There still is some wiggle in the slider, almost but not quite as bad as the Pre+. I will keep this through several iterations of HP hardware, I am sure.

The main reason I waited was the loss of the free Mobile Hotspot, but freTether takes care of that very nicely. GPS works just fine, also.
    Can't you doctor? GSM/Europeland as I am I'm rather banking on it coming with 2.1, or it will be doctored to it in very very short order.

It's turned up, incidentally. Not going home tonight so can't report on whether it is in fact a phone or an empty box though :-)
  3.    #23  
    It is indeed a brand new Pre 2. Sealed box, plastic film stuff still on screen. Happy days :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by hilm3 View Post
    Not ready to Frankenpre2 yet. Does not seem stable to me yet.
    What doesn't seem stable? I've been using my Frankenpre2 as my primary phone for weeks now, and I haven't had any stability issues.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    What doesn't seem stable? I've been using my Frankenpre2 as my primary phone for weeks now, and I haven't had any stability issues.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just caught up with this thread. I will be Frankenpre2ing my phone soon to try it out. I thought it created some issues with multiple email profiles - at least I read that somewhere but don't remember when. I am on Verizon, btw. I have not found many reports on that experience. Mostly GSM phones.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12