1.    #1  
    A few minutes ago, I was sitting here in my office shining up the front of my Pre 2. I held it up so I could get the glare from the sun in the window, and in just the right light, I could make out what looks like a set of blue brackets just to the left of the speaker on the front of the phone. I never noticed it before, but I assume that's the proximity sensor?
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    A few minutes ago, I was sitting here in my office shining up the front of my Pre 2. I held it up so I could get the glare from the sun in the window, and in just the right light, I could make out what looks like a set of blue brackets just to the left of the speaker on the front of the phone. I never noticed it before, but I assume that's the proximity sensor?

The Proximity Sensor is to the right of the ear speaker. The Vibrator is on the left. Next time you're on the phone (just call your voice mail after reading this), hold the phone in front of you and pass your finger over each area. You'll see the screen turn off when you pass your finger over the right side.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    To the left is the ambient sensor to be used in a future os update. Looks like a circle right?
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    To the left is the ambient sensor to be used in a future os update. Looks like a circle right?

My bad...

Backplate (top half) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The vibrator is behind all that. I was remembering this pic wrong.

P.S.

The Ambient Light sensor is active and *does* work. It's just coded *VERY* poorly. I've tried to play with the settings several times over the past 1.5 years to see if I can make it work more like a BB Curve, but alas, it was a futile effort every time...

M.