Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    just wondering who has done it, what kernel you are using and if you're experiencing any problems.
    yeah i would like to hear some stuff too ! im hesitant to overclock just yet !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    I'm guessing not to many people Lol.
    I did. It was was a little too buggy for my taste. I also didn't want to help bug test and etc. anymore because I'm too busy, I ended up un-overclocking (underclocking?) it back again...

It's a bit slower, but hell of a lot more stable.

update: The one I tried was the F-14, twice, and uberkernal once.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I did. It was was a little too buggy for my taste. I also didn't want to help bug test and etc. anymore because I'm too busy, I ended up un-overclocking (underclocking?) it back again...

It's a bit slower, but hell of a lot more stable.

update: The one I tried was the F-14, twice, and uberkernal once.
    what does uberkernel for pre2 overclock to ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    im sitting here looking at the kernels but im not tapping the install button till i hear some feedback lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  7.    #7  
    the f14 seems a little crazy. Has anyone tried the 1.2 one?
    I've been using F-14 tomcat since it was first released in the test feed, 1gHz / 1.4gHz screenstate works very well, I also use 1gHz / 1.2Ghz, 600mHz / 1.4gHz & 600mHz / 1gHz and they also works well too.
    battery is outstanding, even better than stock pre- on 1.4.5 non-oc'd. My F14 oc'd pre2 battery lasts longer than any device I've seen.
    tp
    Last edited by thePretender; 04/10/2011 at 09:13 PM.
    what the difference between the two ? you can just go higher with f14 ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I use the SR71 Blackbird kernal, with the on-demand profile (scaling from 300MHz to 1.2GHz). It is nice and stable.
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint
    ok i did it lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Oh, sorry. I normally use screenstate. It's not very stable for me. Might just be my device to be honest. I normally go 1.4 with F14. Battery life is a bit worse for me, but that's cuz I Have some memory hog program and need to run JSTop with Auto GCC constantly. It turns the screen on temporarily. Anyway, I suppose ondemand is a bit more stable.

Try it out and let us know!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    what the difference between the two ? you can just go higher with f14 ?
    SR-71 has a max freq of 1.2gHz & the F-14 tomcat has a max of 1.4gHz. I'm sure there are many other differences between the two kernels. They are both test kernels that are testing different aspects of the kernels.

tp
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    ok i did it lol
    How is it? I haven't overclocked my Pre2 yet. Wanting to hear more feedback.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    [QUOTE=mamouton;2933984]How is it? I haven't overclocked my Pre2 yet. Wanting to hear more feedback.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=
    you should oc with F14.. its very stable and battery drain is extremely minimal..
    it makes your device operate the way that it should..
    tp
    found F14 to be unstable on my Pre 2. If some more ppl state they are having luck with it, I'll try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by thePretender View Post
    I've been using F-14 tomcat since it was first released in the test feed, 1gHz / 1.4gHz screenstate works very well, I also use 1gHz / 1.2Ghz, 600mHz / 1.4gHz & 600mHz / 1gHz and they also works well too.
    battery is outstanding, even better than stock pre- on 1.4.5 non-oc'd. My F14 oc'd pre2 battery lasts longer than any device I've seen.
    tp
    Does somebody have a link to a walk through to install a new kernel. Rather new to palm. The issue i am having is battery life. Would this actually increase battery life?
    Just curious, why are you overclocking? I haven't experienced any lag or slowdown on my Pre 2 that would cause me to want to overclock it. Are you doing it just for fun, or is there some super app out there no one is telling me about that only works at 1.4GHz?
    trying F14 Tomcat again, will report back.
    I did, eventually it got so bad to where I couldn't open the restart/shutdown menu, I couldn't launch an application (touch the icon and it'd sit there), both of these still existed after battery pulls. I had to doctor.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast