Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    How is it? I haven't overclocked my Pre2 yet. Wanting to hear more feedback.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    yes its running very well for me , battery i will test to see how its going to work out but its very stable on the 1.2 screenstate setting ! i like it !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I OC'd mine for a while, but after a couple of weeks it was really getting squirrelly with apps not responding. I just went back to stock and honestly don't see much difference in speed yet (not that I don't think the Internals guys are doing amazing stuff!)
  3.    #23  
    The 1.2 kernel randomly restarted my phone and got me stuck in a bootloop. Plugging my phone into an Ac charger didn't work. Had to doctor :/
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    I did, eventually it got so bad to where I couldn't open the restart/shutdown menu, I couldn't launch an application (touch the icon and it'd sit there), both of these still existed after battery pulls. I had to doctor.
    what?
    Yeah. All overclocking has been consistently unstable for me. I'm sitting out OC as of now. Honestly, it's not really needed. The Pre 2 is so beautifully smooth. Sure you could shave off a second or two per app launch, but honestly it's already worlds apart from an Overlocked Sprint Pre Minus running 1.4.5 (just based on speed).

I might come back to overclocking if it seems worth it, but for now, a bit too buggy for me.
    I've had issues with the F14 Tomcat. After about a day or so of running it my camera stops working. The only way to get it working again is to uninstall F14 & revert back to the stock kernel...
    I guess it depends on the chip in your pre2 and where it was cut from the fab board. Due note that the chipset in the Pre2 was rated for 720mhz and the palm kernel uses an "overdrive" option to 1ghz under load times and backs down when not needed so it is already being overclocked at times technically. My GSM Pre2 can do 1.5ghz just fine but my Sprint Pre2 won't do a darn thing over 1ghz, even tried really upping the voltage with no luck. Be care with unstable overclocking for by the time it is causing stability issues, data corruption is already happening from the CPU making mistakes. What happened to palml0ver's phone getting stuck on boot is example of software corruption caused by the CPU making mistakes.

There is a big difference from a working overclock and a stable overclock to which only time can tell unless we can get prime95 running in this. It's no small chore to make a kernel that will overclock the cpu and bootup fine but it's daunting to find the logical limit for every chip is different.
    Last edited by addiarmadar; 04/14/2011 at 11:11 AM.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Oh one more thing, since we are approaching the hot summer, the phones are gonna get hotter, thus making overclocking a bit harder to keep as ambient temps rise. Keep a sharp eye on the temps in govnah when you go out and don't let it flirt with the 60c barrier. This has been a PSA
    Last edited by addiarmadar; 04/14/2011 at 12:56 PM. Reason: typos

9.    #29  
    its almost always summer in socal.. I'm used to it lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    its almost always summer in socal.. I'm used to it lol.
    Heh yeah been there Hows your temps showing on Govnah when you try the 1.2ghz setting? How about stock?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12