1.    #1  
    i have a verizon pre 2 with 2.0.1 still solidly installed -- rediculious right... i was wondering if 2.1 fixes a few things like
    1) the notification bug -- the one where if i miss a call or have a calendar reminder it rings my notification sound constantly for a minute or so
    2) the screw up google calendar sync

please verizon let me update my phone

geeeez
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    im hoping that we get the updat soon as well. been over a month now. bah, slow ***** vzw.
    samsung i730 - blackberry storm- palm pre plus - samsung omnia - palm pre plus - palm pre 2 - ????

i refuse to buy anything apple with there asinine standards, especially when theres a perfectly good standard that everybody else is using. bah.
    I'm pretty sure the 2.1 upgrade procedure for legacy devices works to up the VZW pre2 to 2.1. Not official VZW, but it'll tide you over until it comes out, and then you can doctor for real.

WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals. Use the "Verizon Frankenpre 2" script.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    I'm pretty sure the 2.1 upgrade procedure for legacy devices works to up the VZW pre2 to 2.1. Not official VZW, but it'll tide you over until it comes out, and then you can doctor for real.

thanks and i might try this but it doesn't answer my question. does 2.1 fix the fact that my google calendar will no longer sync? i have to delete my calender account and re-install everyday to get it to sync. and the stupid notification bug that keeps it repeating -- if these things are fixed then i might try to juke the phone up to 2.1 early -- if they are not then i think i can wait for verizon to officially update
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    thanks and i might try this but it doesn't answer my question. does 2.1 fix the fact that my google calendar will no longer sync? i have to delete my calender account and re-install everyday to get it to sync. and the stupid notification bug that keeps it repeating -- if these things are fixed then i might try to juke the phone up to 2.1 early -- if they are not then i think i can wait for verizon to officially update
    I have no issues syncing my google calendar. I'm running 2.1. so yes? I'm on a Pre+ though...
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i have a verizon pre 2 with 2.0.1 still solidly installed -- rediculious right... i was wondering if 2.1 fixes a few things like
    1) the notification bug -- the one where if i miss a call or have a calendar reminder it rings my notification sound constantly for a minute or so
    2) the screw up google calendar sync

please verizon let me update my phone

geeeez
    Wow... only a few things. 2.0 has so many bugs it's just straight stupied. 2.1 does fix both sync and duplicate event issues.

My guess... the Pre 3 will be released before we see an update to the Pre 2. Horrible, a month after 2.1 was released we still don't have 2.1 on Verizon's Pre 2!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post

Be careful about giving this type of advice if you aren't absolutely certain. Currently there is not a 2.1 Dr. for a Verizon Pre 2. The script you mention is for making a Verizon Franken Pre 2 using an Unlocked GSM Pre 2 with an activated Verizon comm board.

It can be done but requires token writing (only 4) using a meta Dr. and followed by a stock WR 2.1 Pre 2 Dr. Since it would have to be done that way, when Verizon does release 2.1 you would have to re-write those 4 tokens back to the original values before you could run a stock Verizon Dr. again.

They will have to add the stock Verizon apps and may or may not get OTA updates as they become available. The best thing to do is be patient and wait for Verizon to release 2.1.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 04/11/2011 at 02:17 PM.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups